3.0 - Scheduler is not working

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Chris_Sav
Not too shy to talk

Re: 3.0 - Scheduler is not working

Postby Chris_Sav » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Thanks for the idea but do not want to mess about with the DVB-S instances as they are now working.

Tried installing an instance of DVB-T to folder in root of c: as card has the capability but I don't use it.

Result exactly the same

Installed on administrator account / run app / scanned / epg / add to schedule

Worked first time then got 'run as administrator' on trying to add to schedule even though I already was.

Installed 2.8.1 over the top and scheduling worked first time.

Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:04 am

I'm sorry, if you install to other folder than "Program files", then don't use new API, it works good here, when you change option to old API (uncheck "[ ] Use new Windows Schedulet API"), restart DD and try again.
Dreamer
Chris_Sav
Not too shy to talk

Postby Chris_Sav » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:04 am

That's probably why it works first time!

Would have to do yet another installation and/or complete removal as I cannot get at the API check-box after first use.

Think I'll let sleeping dogs lie as I have a working solution on 2.8.1 thanks, will await the next update unless useful diagnostics need be obtained.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am

The last version was patched, if you downloaded it before the patch, need to download latest version again, it should display version as 3.1.1 at caption bar of DVB Dream.
It should work without any problem. Just dont use new Scheduler API for now. By default it is not enabled. If you are installing to the same folder , delete settings.cfg or return to factory defeaults (in file menu, will do the same).
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Chris_Sav
Not too shy to talk

Postby Chris_Sav » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm

That appears to work thanks, resetting to defaults I can get at the API field again.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:38 am

I think in v3.1, I'll return to scheduler version from v2.8.1 which was working fine. New Windows Scheduler API changes seem not to work stable in my new Windows 10 installation also. This will be solution for now.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Bug Reports”