deleted sheduler tasks still recording

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Christian Rapsch
Just popping in

deleted sheduler tasks still recording

Postby Christian Rapsch » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:53 pm

To delete one of the tasks is only removing them from the list but that is about it. :(
I also have stuttering in my recordings every 2 minutes or so.

edit: sorry accidently edited your post when I actually wanted to quote & to answer. Below is the answer
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
bdaext.log
(120 Bytes) Downloaded 400 times
bda.log
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 381 times

rel
relocation

Re: deleted sheduler tasks still recording

Postby rel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 am

To delete one of the tasks is only removing them from the list but that is about it. :(
DVB Dream uses Windows Task Scheduler. So if you don't run DVB Dream as admin (espcieally in Windows 8 and 10, right click Run as Admin) , it might not be able to delete the scheduler item from Windows Task Scheculer. Btw, after removing it from scheduler list, you need to manually stop recording, that is the expected behaviour. but recording should not repeat.
I also have stuttering in my recordings every 2 minutes or so.
You need to find what causes that. Check if there are packet losses (main menu->analysis->Info bar) Check your CPU usage druing those stutterings (maybe some external program uses CPU or harddisk extensively for a second) Also you can test with VLC (download&install VLC, then stream to VLC , main menu->tools->vlc) That way you can use VLC's player functionality to see if the stream is imcompatible with the codec selected in DVB Dream etc. There have been chases for signal lose / noise in cables cause bad packets, and also hardware related prbolems motherboard/graphic card cause such.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Christian Rapsch
Just popping in

Postby Christian Rapsch » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 pm

DVB Dream uses Windows Task Scheduler. So if you don't run DVB Dream as admin (espcieally in Windows 8 and 10, right click Run as Admin) , it might not be able to delete the scheduler item from Windows Task Scheculer. Btw, after removing it from scheduler list, you need to manually stop recording, that is the expected behaviour. but recording should not repeat.
Hmm that is weird, it recorded Tuesday 23:10 but it is already out of the Windows Task Sheduler I'll have to wait until next Tuesday for now. I had to kill the process and manually record it with TT-Viewer to avoid stuttering.
You need to find what causes that. Check if there are packet losses (main menu->analysis->Info bar) Check your CPU usage druing those stutterings (maybe some external program uses CPU or harddisk extensively for a second)
How am I going to check for this? The stuttering was/is only in the pre-programmed recordings.

update: I just had 2 packet loses
update 2: it's now 5 packet loses
Also you can test with VLC (download&install VLC, then stream to VLC , main menu->tools->vlc) That way you can use VLC's player functionality to see if the stream is imcompatible with the codec selected in DVB Dream etc. There have been chases for signal lose / noise in cables cause bad packets, and also hardware related prbolems motherboard/graphic card cause such.
I streamed it to VLC what now?
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:15 am

Record in TS format. Remove any modules and plugins from DVB Dream, which can cause CPU spikes. You might want to try renderless mode recording to prevent any codec related problem.

if it works fine on VLC, you might want to install more codecs and try different codec combinations.
But if you have packet losses even small amount, better check what you can do to in order to improve signal quality. Is there electrical noise around the cable ? like an electric cable or fan or other electronic appliances too close to cable. Also check if tuner gets too hot. It can cause packet losses, need to cool it down somehow.

To monitor resource usage (like CPU and hardware IOs etc), you can use free ware Microsoft program:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... lorer.aspx
Excessive resouce usage might cause packet losses. I.e. check if there are spikes around the time when packet losses happen.
Christian Rapsch
Just popping in

Postby Christian Rapsch » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:59 pm

recording in ts format seems to have resolved the stuttering issue

now only the sheduling task issue is up - I will report
Christian Rapsch
Just popping in

Postby Christian Rapsch » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:33 am

totally missed Tuesday but it wasn't recording so the problem seems to be solved :mrgreen:
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:02 pm

totally missed Tuesday but it wasn't recording so the problem seems to be solved :mrgreen:
good to know that :)

Return to “Bug Reports”