Voltage selection parameter

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

deltad
Not too shy to talk

Voltage selection parameter

Postby deltad » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:30 am

You offer the manual selection of 22khz for a switch setting -- how about offering a voltage setting for 13/18V so that ini files don't have to manually be altered for H/V?

I use Dishpro Single LNB's which are bandstacked so have no polarity selection. This means I can use a multiswitch and connect 4 LNB's to it:
lnb1: 13V, 22khz off
lnb2: 13V, 22khz on
lnb3: 18V, 22khz off
lnb4: 18V, 22khz on

I can then put a multiswitch on each port of a 1x4 diseqc switch for a total of 16LNB's without cascading diseqc's if I wanted. To make this work currently, I have to modify a sat transponder ini file so that all polarities are either H or V depending upon the port of the switch. So, it's one of those things that would be nice to have and doesn't take a lot of work but isn't really necessary. There was a workaround for the 22khz setting to by modifying the ini's but the tab for it was very handy.

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:56 pm

Hmm...
I thought that everything you asked is ALREADY there.

Just for one multiswitch:
select no diseqc,
add all 4 sats (4 INI files).
And for each Sat select Bandstacked NA LNB, proper Voltage, and proper 22kHz tone.

That's it! I think it's very transparent. I don't see how it could be easier.

In the future, when you plan to populate up to 16 LNBs with a additional diseqc switch: still use "no diseqc" mode, just enter proper diseqc command manually (for every sat).
For instance, E0 10 38 F0 - for all Sats sitting on diseqc input #1.

I don't understand why do you want to modify INI files
:shock:

PS: and you don't need to modify H/V in ini file. DVB Dream is one of few applications which does know how DP LNB works :D
So, you never-never-never need to modify INI files based on the switch/LNBs configuration you have. Do it only for programs which don't know how to control hardware properly.
AMD x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (AGP)
latest BETA nVidia Audio/Video codecs (Cyberlink for H.264)
genpix 8PSK-to-USB2, Twinhan 1020
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:40 am

I think deltad using a voltage switch which switches between two sats with just voltage instead of raw 22khz (or tone burst or diseqc)

@deltad,
if you dont use a voltage switch and just regular Bandstacked LNBs , follow what Genpix wrote.

I can add voltage selection for DP LNBs soon.
(per sat, like 22khz on/off)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 am

4x1 multiswitch (Voltage and Tone are two contol signals) is very common switch.
Though, order of input is slightly different from deltad's description:
1: Tone off, 13V
2: Tone off, 18V
3: Tone On, 13V
4: Tone On, 18V

Rel,
I'm confused: do you use Voltage parameter when DishPro LNB is selected?
or you simply ignore it and use some hard-coded value?
If latter, I guess, you should correct it to use whatever voltage is set in LNB configuration (choice of 3: Polarity, Low, High).
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:26 pm

yeah, I'vent seen such a switch yet, because bandstacked LNBs arent used here (both of low and high bands are used by broadcasts in Europe)
What I know about them are just the things I've read.
or you simply ignore it and use some hard-coded value?
it just uses hardcoded horizontal polarity (high output voltage) at the moment for bandstacked.
If latter, I guess, you should correct it to use whatever voltage is set in LNB configuration (choice of 3: Polarity, Low, High).
yes, there is no voltage selection yet on LNB configuration dialog ,
though it is in to-do list for next versions now.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:44 pm

oops, my bad :oops:

deltad, sorry for confusion I introduced.

I remember I saw LNB voltage settings (Off, Polarity, 13V, 18V).
But it was in TSR (I just checked).

shame on me

PS: voltage/tone switch combo has nothing to do with Bandstacking.
Even more:
1) Bandstacking is used by DishNetwork (wich does not use voltage switches).
2) multiswitches (Voltage/Tone) are widely used by DirecTV here, but they don't use bandstacking.
AMD x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (AGP)
latest BETA nVidia Audio/Video codecs (Cyberlink for H.264)
genpix 8PSK-to-USB2, Twinhan 1020
deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Rel got what I meant. I doubt many are doing what I am because it's mixing the 4x4 multiswitches generally used with DirecTV here and single Dishpro LNB's used only by Dish Network. And Dish Network seems to like to create rather exotic combo LNB's with built-in switching that point at adjacent satellites rather than using multiple single bandstacked lnb's. I guess they still sell the dishpro dual's which are the same as what I have with just a splitter for the 2nd port but their standard installation is much more likely to be something like a dishpro twin or dishpro plus twin.

And yep, TSreader has the voltage selection feature and I use it. Happy that Rel put it in his to-do list. Thanks!

Return to “Feature Requests”