Multiple Instances Warning

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Icepick
Not too shy to talk

Multiple Instances Warning

Postby Icepick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:48 am

Hello,

I'd like to request a feature, when you try to launch DVBDream when it already running it displays a warning message box saying : "Another DVB Dream instance is already running!", and we all agree there shouldn't be more than one instance at the time. But wouldn't it be more logical to just give focus to the current DVB Dream window (no matter if it's in normal, window or fullscreen...), instead of this warning ?

That would be easier to get the focus on DVB Dream when you're away from the keyboard/mouse, using a remote control.

Thanks in advance.

Icepick

DVB Dream 1.4i | Microsoft Windows XP SP3 32bits
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz E6700 | 4GB DDR800 (PC2-6400) Corsair (2GB used, 32bits) | Asus Extreme N8800GTS 320MB (Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS)
Pinnacle PCTV 3010iX Dual Hybrid Pro PCI Express
Dreamer

Re: Multiple Instances Warning

Postby Dreamer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:01 pm

I'd like to request a feature, when you try to launch DVBDream when it already running it displays a warning message box saying : "Another DVB Dream instance is already running!", and we all agree there shouldn't be more than one instance at the time.
Not really, two instances are useful when you have two DVB cards for example.
But wouldn't it be more logical to just give focus to the current DVB Dream window (no matter if it's in normal, window or fullscreen...), instead of this warning ?
Anyway, I support this request. It would be still possible to start the other instance using the command line parameters.
Dreamer
Icepick
Not too shy to talk

Re: Multiple Instances Warning

Postby Icepick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Not really, two instances are useful when you have two DVB cards for example.
Oh ok, I didn't think of this scenario. In fact that could even be useful to me, since I have one card with two tuners (2xhybrid).
DVB Dream 1.4i | Microsoft Windows XP SP3 32bits
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz E6700 | 4GB DDR800 (PC2-6400) Corsair (2GB used, 32bits) | Asus Extreme N8800GTS 320MB (Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS)
Pinnacle PCTV 3010iX Dual Hybrid Pro PCI Express

Return to “Feature Requests”