DVB Dream with 4.2.2 feeds

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

gammgubbe

DVB Dream with 4.2.2 feeds

Postby gammgubbe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:05 am

Hi! I am newbie here so please forgive me if I post in wrong section.

I downloaded DVB Dream 1.4i which I believe is the latest release. My main purpose is to be able to see 4.2.2 feeds (and maybe record these) which my normal standalone receiver does not fix. After some fiddling with the codecs I managed to watch 4.2.2 feeds. But I was unable to watch HDTV feeds (also 4.2.2). I did get the DD to display HDTV channel (Luxe TV on Astra 28E). But when I scan frequency to watch 4.2.2 feed in HDTV nothing comes up despite the signal is there (nothing detected by DD). Can someone please enlighten me if this is possible and then what I should do get 4.2.2 HDTV feeds.

As you probably can see from my signature, I have LifeView Trio card with DVB-S, DVB-T & DVB-A integrated.

I tried MyTheatre aswell but I like DD better. :D Thanks and keep up the good work!

LifeView Trio BDA compliant
Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Postby Snuffer » Sat May 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Thats normal 4:2:2 are not a standard picture.
look for dscaler, bitcontrol or elecard codec and you can see it.
starman
Just can't stay away

Re: DVB Dream with 4.2.2 feeds

Postby starman » Sun May 17, 2009 7:52 am

Hi! I am newbie here so please forgive me if I post in wrong section.

I downloaded DVB Dream 1.4i which I believe is the latest release. My main purpose is to be able to see 4.2.2 feeds (and maybe record these) which my normal standalone receiver does not fix. After some fiddling with the codecs I managed to watch 4.2.2 feeds. But I was unable to watch HDTV feeds (also 4.2.2). I did get the DD to display HDTV channel (Luxe TV on Astra 28E). But when I scan frequency to watch 4.2.2 feed in HDTV nothing comes up despite the signal is there (nothing detected by DD). Can someone please enlighten me if this is possible and then what I should do get 4.2.2 HDTV feeds.
It sounds to me like you might be short on cpu power. You can watch hdtv, 4:2:2 SD, just not 4:2:2 hd. Like snuffer said above try those codecs, also FFDshow will work. Not all codecs will display a 4:2:2 picture. Some codecs take more cpu power than others, try them all and see if one will work for you.
90cm ku, sg-2100, qph-031 lnbf
10' C/Ku
Prof 7301
TBS 8922
TBS 6925
Windows 8 64 bit

Return to “Feature Requests”