Easy support for dual tuner cards

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Fingers

Easy support for dual tuner cards

Postby Fingers » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:19 am

Am I missing something, but I cannot work out how to view one tuner whilst recording on the other?

I have a TBS6981 dual tuner running under Win7 64 bit.

I therefore request a simple way of viewing a channel on one tuner whilst recording another channel on the other tuner.

It could be implemented so that the second tuner appears as a PIP? Is this possible?

(I noted a response that you install two copies of DVBDream, but this is not mentioned anywhere and sadly did not work at all.)

rel
relocation

Re: Easy support for dual tuner cards

Postby rel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 am

if you install DVB Dream twice (each into different folders) , you should be able to configure each for the tuners.
Just make sure you have two shortcuts on desktop to reach these 2 installations. After installing the first DD, you can rename the shortcut as 'DVB Dream - 1" , then second installation won't be overwriting the first shortcut.

You should pick the different tuners during installation, it will list them in device dialog (you can also select tuners after installation through main menu->options->device)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Fingers

Re: Easy support for dual tuner cards

Postby Fingers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 am

if you install DVB Dream twice (each into different folders) , you should be able to configure each for the tuners.
Just make sure you have two shortcuts on desktop to reach these 2 installations. After installing the first DD, you can rename the shortcut as 'DVB Dream - 1" , then second installation won't be overwriting the first shortcut.

You should pick the different tuners during installation, it will list them in device dialog (you can also select tuners after installation through main menu->options->device)
Thank you, rel.

I think I tried to watch two channels at once. I think the codecs could not be shared because each picture froze up. I suspect it would have worked if one was recording in the background, and the other was just viewing a live broadcast?

I still think the double installation should not be necessary and this is why I think it should be a Feature Request. It should beasier than the method that you describe.

Return to “Feature Requests”