DD not recording all audio PIDs

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

-rp-
Just can't stay away

DD not recording all audio PIDs

Postby -rp- » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:24 pm

I am using version 1.7a and set the preferences to record a ts stream with all audio PIDs.

The problem is that DD only records (or is offering while you are watching) the audio PIDs that happened (!) to be present during the transponder scan. However, broadcasters change the number of PIDs depending on the programs. This means, that DD should record any PID present at the time of the recording; and not just at the beginning since it could change during the recording as well.

Here is a scan report that shows how the number of PIDs changes depending on the time of the scan:

* Updated *
----------------------------------------
1) Sky Cinema +24 (SKY) 11797,H,27500 Number of audio pids(3=>1)

later I scanned the same transponder again:

* Updated *
----------------------------------------
1) Sky Emotion (SKY) 11797,H,27500 Number of audio pids(2=>3)
2) Sky Cinema +24 (SKY) 11797,H,27500 Number of audio pids(1=>3)

DD will only record what ever it found during those scans.

Whether this is a bug or an oversight, I don't know but I thing this is important and should be addressed.

-rp-
Just can't stay away

Re: DD not recording all audio PIDs

Postby -rp- » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Is this the right place to request some service or is this all one gets for actually paying for the software?
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 am

Is this the right place to request some service or is this all one gets for actually paying for the software?
This is the purchase page which you should have seen before you pay or purchase.
http://www.dvbdream.org/purchase/index.php

If you are a customer, please read it again.
Clearly stated there and also in forum rules, support is not included. Developers have no time for that...

And I believe it is better to keep things simple, so such complicated action won't be on DD. (auto update etc) It would slow down things and harm stability by causing possible bugs.
User will have to scan / update channels manually regulary or if they come across any problem.

There is an option to update pids / channel information. Before you switch to a channel, you can hold the 'Z' key and it will do a quick pid scan. Not quick enough. So that is why not implemented automatically.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
-rp-
Just can't stay away

Postby -rp- » Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 am

Every recorder / recorder software has to record all audio tracks that are available at the time of the transmission. Not just those the happened to be present at the time of the scan.

I WOULD call this a bug.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 am

moving to feature requests section, to implement in future, just not now already lots of things to do
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
-rp-
Just can't stay away

Postby -rp- » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 pm

any update on this?

Return to “Feature Requests”