EPG and/or a sort of tv guide thingy.

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mastermesh
Just popping in

EPG and/or a sort of tv guide thingy.

Postby mastermesh » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 am

It'd be darn cool if DVB Dream could be set up sort of like ati's all-in-wonder program guide thingy is, where it can pull up a sort of tv guide type thingy that gets downloaded every week that shows all the stuff playing on each channel you have scanned in, and you can click a little check box or right click and then click a little box or something on each program and it'd automatically set up scheduler to record that program at that time, etc. Right now, I get most of my fta channel info off of titan tv, the website that's listed on white spring tv's schedule area, and off of a certain website that is put out by cuba with satellite channel info on channels on 31w. It'd be really awesome if there was some sort of a way for dvb dream to pull in info off of a channel guide site like titantv, and these others, or something, hook channels up to whatever channel that you have scanned in, and then you could set it all up to quickly and conveniently converge in to the scheduler somehow... maybe using xml or something. Similarly, it'd be cool if that could be pulled off in such a way that when the recordings are recorded as mpg files they show up with the actual titles of the shows that they recorded instead of as channel names, etc.... very wishful thinking, I know, but this is a feature request section, right? I mean, seriously, if ati could pull that off with their buggy software built several years back, surely something like this is possible?!?...

DVB World USB Box (for FTA)
DVB Dream 1.3
ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro (for OTA)
fastrman

Postby fastrman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:47 pm

I'd settle for an epg that works without getting buggy and freezing up the program. :D
Twinhan 102g
2 * 18" Dishes w/ DP34 wit 3 DP LNB's
ASUS A7V8X
1.5 GB Ram
ATI x1650 512 Meg onboard
JVC 56" HD-ILA Monitor
canadalfb
Just popping in

Postby canadalfb » Thu May 31, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm new to Dream, I used to use Ritz....I like the Ritz EPG...in that you can choose to get progaming for all your channels or for favorites only...also you can now choose "record" or "ch. switch" if you just want to set it up to change channles for you automatically but not record.

It would be nice if you could get the programming for either your favorites or remote channels only instead of all of them.
Athlon 3000
Win XP
VP1020a (red)
Radeon 9200se
Live!5.1
1.5 Gig ram
112 Gig HD (30 Gig free)

Return to “Feature Requests”