Patch for faster channel switch and some MPEG2-HD problems

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rel
relocation

Patch for faster channel switch and some MPEG2-HD problems

Postby rel » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:11 pm

This patch should clear up the following problems:

- After channel changes, a few frames from the previous channels were being displayed
- MPEG-2 HD channels were choppy
- Channel switches were slow

there is also a new analysis option : Video Stream Analyzer
(Main menu->Analysis->Video Stream Analyzer)
You can examine things like GOP length, the arrangement of I/P/B frames, frame sizes and PES frequencies.

You are free to test and write results here :-)

edit: minor update for excessive log size

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Gabibbo
Just can't stay away

Re: Patch for faster channel switch and some MPEG2-HD proble

Postby Gabibbo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:06 am

Hi rel,
- After channel changes, a few frames from the previous channels were being displayed
- Channel switches were slow
I can confirm: Switching channels is very fast, and there's no more artefacts from the previous channel. (Can't comment on MPEG2 HD presently.)

Unfortunately there were some problems, so I reverted to 1.4d:

1. Interlaced output both in window/fullscreen mode. Tried switching codecs, resetting DS buffer -- one time it helped and several times not.
2. I mainly watch FTA, but viewing scrambled channels with v***g is subject to black screen, access violations and unstability.
tryit
Home away from home

Postby tryit » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 am

Faster channel changes, but no pic/sound at startup on h.264 until channel change, all codec's redded out. After channel change many dropped frames.
TH102G/Genpix USB
faam
Home away from home

Re: Patch for faster channel switch and some MPEG2-HD proble

Postby faam » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:03 am

I can confirm: Switching channels is fast, and there's no more artefacts from the previous channel. (Can't comment on MPEG2 HD presently.)

there were some problems,

1. Sometimes Interlaced output both in window/fullscreen mode.
2. I mainly watch FTA, but viewing scrambled channels with v***g is sometimes subject to black screen, access violations and unstability
but the unstability is gone when I use FFdshow video and nvidia new audio with resetting the DS after channel changes.
3-I confirm the log is smaller and no crashes when it was enabled as in the DD1.4d without the patch.
4-THERE IS A CONSTANT PROBLEM WITH ALL THE VERSIONS INCLUDING THIS VERSION WITH THIS PATCH :
When I left the channel too long on full screen and returning back to the main window the program freezes and sometimes crashed and the botton response is very slow even the cpu used is =< 40%
and the memory usage lesser than 65%

Any idea

Regards
Skystar2,driver4.3.2,Xp sp2,nvidia mx4000 driver v91.93,P4 2.8,512RAM,DD1.4d

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”