v1.4i patch

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Pummelchen
Just popping in

Postby Pummelchen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:37 pm

That was my last idea.
I don't think, that your prob belongs to the different Vista versions.

Maybe rel can help you

cu Pummelchen

Vista 32
Pinnacle PCTV 7010iX Dual Analog + DVB-T + DVB-S
xopowo
Not too shy to talk

Postby xopowo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:12 pm

It records 'only' in .ts because it is h.264. If you record MPEG2, it will record with .mpg extension.

The reason why you can't likely play the .ts files (from h.264 recording) with certain applications is because a lot of programs search for the auio and video PIDs for the stream by indexing the PAT/PMT. For whatever reason, the PIDs are omitted when DD records for h.264 and hence causes A LOT of problems.

You can use something like mpeg2repair (it will work for h.264) which will re-write a PMT for you with reference to 11(v) and 14(a) PIDs so that programs can figure out what streams its supposed to play.

perhaps the next release of DD will address this situation, but as for now, that is about your only option unless your program can determine PIDs without having them in the PMT.
DVBDream (whatever is latest)
Genpix Skywalker-1
Intel Pentium 166 mx
32MB EDO RAM
2GB HDD
2MB S3 Video (onboard)
chilli
Not too shy to talk

Postby chilli » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:38 pm

xopowo

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Now I understand why DD records h.264 files in the .ts format.

I downloaded mpeg2repair and fixed the .ts file.
I can now play it with Windows Media Player.
Chilli
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 MB
Intel Core 2 DUO E6400 (OC to 2.8 Ghz)
EVGA 8600 GTS 256MB
G. SKill 2 Gig RAM DDR2 800, Sony XBR 70 LCD TV
Skywalker-1, ATI 650, 3x 500 Gb SATA HD, DP44 Switch
Vista Ultimate / MCE 2005, DD 1.4i p1
bird44
Just popping in

Must record H.264 in TS mode

Postby bird44 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:55 am

It records 'only' in .ts because it is h.264. If you record MPEG2, it will record with .mpg extension.

The reason why you can't likely play the .ts files (from h.264 recording) with certain applications is because a lot of programs search for the auio and video PIDs for the stream by indexing the PAT/PMT. For whatever reason, the PIDs are omitted when DD records for h.264 and hence causes A LOT of problems.

You can use something like mpeg2repair (it will work for h.264) which will re-write a PMT for you with reference to 11(v) and 14(a) PIDs so that programs can figure out what streams its supposed to play.

perhaps the next release of DD will address this situation, but as for now, that is about your only option unless your program can determine PIDs without having them in the PMT.
I see I must also have it set to record in TS mode to use the repair program, even if in Mpeg mode the file ext is a movie clip file the repair program will not work. Tested this in TS mode and it all worked.

Many Thanks for the hint, I thought the record was just bad, now I understand!! Hope new software fixes it, good there is a work around!
Skywalker/1/Genpix

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”