v1.2d test 1 - Diseqc switch tests needed

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:56 am

"Alway retune" = OFF
"Always force to resend Diseqc command" = ON
"Repeat count" = 1

So if it doesnt work
when repeat count is 2
or "Always force to resend Diseqc command" = off
(Default settings)

, should I force it to use setting this way when DP LNB type is selected ?
Only minor problem:
if RAW command is present in Diseqc configuration, it does NOT overwrite "default" diseqc command.
Both commands are sent, RAW is followed by "default" (essentially killing what RAW was supposed to do).
yep thought user could specify raw sequence for the first switch and still could utilize the diseqc settings for the latest committed switch in the cascade. If you select "None" as Diseqc switch type, it should work well I believe.

DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:25 am

well, actually it works very well (at least, as one could expect) with
(Default settings):
repeat count is 2
or "Always force to resend Diseqc command" = off

I does send Diseqc command (twice, as requested) only during Sat change.
And does not when one still stays within the same sat.

Re-Tuning is sent only when one changes TP.

And I tried "None" as Diseqc switch type (with proper RAW commands).
Indeed, it does proper job.

Excellent!
Thanks.

PS: and it does work properly with my next Device Driver version (1.2.2) - I stop data streaming with the very first switch (not motor) Disecq commnad. And I restart data streaming after succesfull Tune command.
Before, I streamed data all the time (sometimes it caused DD lock up on channel switching).
Betatester
Just can't stay away

Postby Betatester » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:30 pm

I can only tell, that with my simple testings with second version I haven't got any problems with DiSEqC switching. With "Always force to resend Diseqc command" off, and on it seems to be ok. Fast switching between two satellite positions always worked :D
TBS 6925/6983

Dish: 90cm
Satellites: Hot Bird (13.0°E), Astra 1 (19.2°E), Astra 2 (28,2°E), Eutelsat 9A (9°E)
LNB's: Triax Twin
DiSEqC: WaveFrontier

Computer: Intel Core i5 760 - 2,8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD + 2x 1TB HDD, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, OS: Windows 10
NoOne1
Not too shy to talk

Postby NoOne1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:56 am

Congratulations Rel!

I was NOT able to break DiSEqC Committed/Uncommitted switching in the tests I performed in my normal input environment(s), Çok tesekkür ederim...

==
W2KP, p4-2.4GHz
===
Verified correct:
ss2-rev2.3p, MIBI patched 4.40
th1020a red (03t), v2.4.1.1.
genpix, v1.2.1
===
Will test th1020 green, bl2030 and others when I can free up one of my dual processor machines this weekend.
==

We need to get you at least one Spaun 420 to test with.

What else do you need i.e. cards.

Stabs in the dark are beneath you.
oh, heh, the things I lack while testing are a Dishpro LNB (impossible to find in Europe), an uncommitted switch (not sure about Europe but none of the sat shops in Turkey sells them)

PS: If you don't use a committed swtich (cascaded with an uncommitted switch), just select "None" as Diseqc Type and specify the port of uncommitted swtich on the satellite selection dialog.

I dont have time to struggle with the complexity of the graphical support of uncommitted switches in diseqc tree at the mooent.
==
I am very proud of you for the commitment to correct the DiSEqC/Scanning opportunites. Well done.

The Spaun SUR-420's are readily available to you for around 65 euros for the WSG version (weather proof outside housing), Germany/UK for sure. Worth twice as much for their reliability/functionality. I'm currently at 10 and about to add more... it's just money!

Contact me privately if you REALLY need stacked lnb(f)'s and no one else steps forward to assist. There are several types, I use strictly c-120 mount equipment. The DN versions require a little knowledge about waveguides to implement on non-disnetwork equipment.

The graphical support you have for uncommitted is functional, corrected subserviency is iceing on the cake. I know correction will be fairly major. I'll post an additional feature request for an interim aide that may preclude the major changes.

====
NoOne1
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:38 am

Çok tesekkür ederim...
You're welcome!
I am very proud of you for the commitment to correct the DiSEqC/Scanning opportunites. Well done.
I am very proud of you too, you are a very qualified tester (especially when it comes to diseqc)

The graphical support you have for uncommitted is functional, corrected subserviency is iceing on the cake. I know correction will be fairly major. I'll post an additional feature request for an interim aide that may preclude the major changes.
I will look at that to see what I can do when I have enough time again.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”