Impossible to upgrade to DVB 2.0

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

fenik67
Just popping in

Impossible to upgrade to DVB 2.0

Postby fenik67 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 am

I've a registered version of DVBDREAM 1.7, working alot fine with a WinFast DVT Dongle Gold BDA Filter, on a card BDA version 2.7.0, API 2.2.0: excellent version, no matter at all!
I downloaded new version DVBDREAM 2.0 and I immediately upgrade my old one, but even I restarted PC no signal at all on digital tv: my usb card don't work with this version! I tryied a new search, I tryied to unplug-plug in again, but I think the matter is only the new table frequency, totally different by old one (even I tryed to select Italy from list too...).
I re-installed old version 1.7, all fine again (in every installation I didn't remove at all dvbdream folder...).
How to use new version 2.0, if possible?
Regards.

rel
relocation

Re: Impossible to upgrade to DVB 2.0

Postby rel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:26 am

Try to take "frequency" from the v1.7a and enter it in v2.0 manual screen dialog and scan. This should work. Make sure you select the right bandwidth on manual scan dialog.

Better try to install DD v2.0 by changing the default installation path. i.e. instead of "c:\dvbdream" , use "c:\dvbdream2"

We tested DD v.20 on DVB-T (UK) and so it shold work fine.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
fenik67
Just popping in

Postby fenik67 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 am

Thanks Rel.

However, I tryied to to do your suggestion (manual scan), plus install in a different path and copy/paste the chlist.chl fro 1.7 version, so I see all my old channels but if I select one in 2.0 version...no signal at all! My doubt: is it a matter related to frequency or to my BDA USB DVB-T card?!? It is correctly seen in 2.0 version, but the red light that show me it is working is switched off continously...i post the dvbdream 2.0 log to show what's happened.
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 am

you shouldn't use old CHL , because there is no DVB-T bandwidth information (bw:6,7,8 Mhz) in old channel list. It wont work. you will need to scan again. New channel list stores bandwidth for each channel. Upgrade is not recommended for DVB-T/C users

Let me know if still doesn't work with a clean install please. you will only need to make sure bandwidth and frequency are correctly set.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
fenik67
Just popping in

Postby fenik67 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 am

Update: I tryied a manual scan on right frequency on DVBDream 2.0 for at least 1h, no signal at all! More: I've alot of scheduled recording on 1.7, so I closed 2.0 and re-opened 1.7 (on different path), and surprise: no signal there too!!!
I've deinstalled dvbdream 2.0 immediately, clean all registry and reboot computer (XP sp3 system on AMD desktop cpu), and now 1.7 seems works fine as ever.
Better don't try anymore, or I'll lost some of my favorite films/series! :D
Please let me know when version 2.0 will work as 1.7 with my usb card (as reported in log above) and italian DVB-t signals, thanks in advance! :wink:
Regards.
Heidi
Just popping in

Postby Heidi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

Had the same problem with v2.0. After upgrading to v2.0a I did a new scan, not chosing my country but "All (8 MHz)". The scan took about 15 minutes, and all stations were found. So good luck to you!
Andrew Wood
Not too shy to talk

Postby Andrew Wood » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:34 am

Also agree: version 2.0 would not tune properly, version 2.0a works as expected.

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”