Severe Crashes in Win XP

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

riv-dogg
Just popping in

Severe Crashes in Win XP

Postby riv-dogg » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 am

I have been suffering from a complete hardware crash whilst setting up recordings - usually while the EPG or Scheduler are open. I get the microsoft 'DVB Dream has encountered a problem and needs to close... etc. The Capture card is then completely dead. You either have to restart or disable/enable in device manager to get it back.

I have had this for some time and waited for the new release to see if things improved, but they have not. I have two screen grabs which may give a clue.
new-3.jpg
new-4.jpg
I would say I have about a 1 in 5 chance of this happening when I use DVBD.

Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TBS 6280 dual DVB-T2 Card
Win XP Pro P3
rel
relocation

Re: Severe Crashes in Win XP

Postby rel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 am

Weird. How are your signal levels? Do you see any packet loss ? (Main Menu->Analysis->Info Bar) especially when crash happens. Most of times the codecs are responsible for the crashes.They are 3rd party. Since you use XP , you won't have MS codecs as default(Only available in Win 7) . I recommend to install/try different video & audio codecs as well. (then change everything in Main Menu->Options->Video) http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1621

Attach your dvbdream.log file from the folder where you installed DD please. So we can try to pinpoint the problem.

Please install v2.1a.

You have TBS device, they should work quite fine on DVB Dream. And we can't reproduce your problem, x05 tests the new versions on DVB-T/UK. so the problem most likely codec related. (remove all modules and plugins too, to make sure)

When exactly the problem happens? when scheduled records start ? or when you manually start any recording?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
riv-dogg
Just popping in

Postby riv-dogg » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for the Reply - The DBS card has twin tuners - I have swapped the video codecs from Divx H264 to ffmpeg - the only other option I see. It seems to work OK. I have left the audio codecs alone for the time being so I can isolate what is happening. The Problem happens when I am setting up recordings, but this is really the only time I use the software as I don't use it viewing. I was already using 2.1a.

Log files are attached - one for each tuner.

Thanks for the help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win XP Pro P3
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 pm

The Problem happens when I am setting up recordings, but this is really the only time I use the software as I don't use it viewing.
Log files don't display any crash, maybe worked fine when you took them.

How do you set up recordings ?
using DVB Dream's "Scheduler" window? or by just clicking on "Record button" ?

check record paths please if all look ok, (the paths are accessible) in options/preferences/record
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
X05
Home away from home

Postby X05 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Under preferences->localization ensure UK/Ireland EPG ticked, restart DVBDream.
Omicom DVB-S2
riv-dogg
Just popping in

Postby riv-dogg » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for the help - I've had no crashes since I switched to thee FFdshow codec - and I've upgraded to 2.2. I don't use this computer that much as it is only for recording, so I will keep my eye on it. BTW the EPG setting in preferences was good. Very impressed with the new EPG module looks and works great!
Win XP Pro P3

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”