Evolve Mars DVB-T USB - exit/start issues

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

Evolve Mars DVB-T USB - exit/start issues

Postby Dreamer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I have a new DVB-T USB tuner, Evolve Mars, I had some problems with drivers, but now it works good, recording, PIP (tested few hours) and even timeshift (tested only few minutes now).

The only problem so far, is that DD is not responding on exit, I have to kill the application. I had the same problem with the SS HD2, it was fixed already, so I hope it will be solved also for this tuner.

Edit: Also remote control is not working, but I have expected this, I don't think it will be possible to add support for the remote.

BTW how to use the option "offset"? Which number should I use?

Please let me know if you need more information, any log files...

Edit 2: Log files included in the zip file.

Tuner info:
http://www.evolve.cz/en/d-hd-dvb-t-usb- ... -mars.html

Device:
IT9135 BDA Filter

Hardware: CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz, RAM 4GB, GPU GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Audio X-Fi Titanium, HDD1 WD 640GB, HDD2 WD 640GB, DVB-S2 tuner Skystar HD2, DVB-S tuner SkyStar 2 r2.3, DVB-T tuner USB Evolve Mars, Audio Creative Inspire T5400, Monitor Samsung 215TW 21"...
Software: OS Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2, DirectX 10, ForceWare 285.62, IE9, AIMP, Ashampoo Burning Studio, Avant Browser Ultimate USB, avast! Antivirus, AviDemux, Comodo Firewall, CyberLink PowerDirector, DVB Dream, FFDShow, Foxit Reader, FreeCommander, HotkeyP, IZArc, Media Player Classic, OpenOffice.org, Orca Browser, Photofiltre, PSPad Editor, PTBSync, Skype, Spybot, TeamViewer, Trillian, TrueCrypt, VirtualDub, VLC, Xnview, ZipGenius...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Re: Freeze/crach on exit with Evolve Mars USB

Postby Dreamer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm

I have a problem with the driver, probably. This tuner is working good one day, but another day it's broken and I have to reinstall the driver and DD, it's freezing, I have to restart PC few times, then it works again, even after restarts, but then it's broken again. I really don't know where is the problem, I think it's not a DD issue, it could be the tuner HW issue. :(
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 am

yea , in logs files, I can see that it just stops while trying to stop the device. Try on another USB port and remove other USB devices while testing.

can you try with the following patch ? it will write a few extra lines into log file while quiting , so we can understand where it freezes. please send bda.log after trying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:39 am

Here are the new logs.

I have big problems when I remove or add another USB device and the mouse is USB too, so I can't remove all, but I'll try it later.

As I said, I have to reinstall driver and DD several times, it's freezing while I'm trying to reinstall it, so it take even hour or two to successfully reinstall it.

I tried to remove all plugins and modules, still the same.

Perhaps important thing, when it doesn't work and the driver is installed, the web pages in any web broswser are not loading, this is strange, perhaps related with the SS HD2 card, I'll try to remove both DVB cards now and will be testing without them...
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Re: Freeze/crash on exit with Evolve Mars USB

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:28 am

I see , problem might be system related
but I send you one more version to test with, To narrow down the problem. So I will try work around for you to save it from freezing

Please send bda.log after trying to close DD
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am

OK, so after whole afternoon and evening of testing - mostly re-installing the drivers and DD, waiting and restarting the PC, here are the results, everything I tried to do:

- remove SS2 card
- remove SS HD2 card
- uninstall all drivers and SW for Skystar cards
- remove all USB devices but mouse
- 3 different USB slots

Result is the same, not responding on exit. Right now the scheduler failed to start, so it started, but the result is the 0 byte file, yesterday it was working good.

Sometimes when I reinstalled driver, it was installed succesfully, in tray, it was loaded in DD, but the channels didn't work, no picture, no signal.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:42 pm

ahh, I saw where the problem is. Hope the following patch will fix the freezing issue while quiting.

test please :)
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Wow! Great work, Rel! Bug fixed. :D
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Wow! Great work, Rel! Bug fixed. :D
glad :)
As to remote control, I don't have info about the device unfortunately, if manufacturer has programming documents (i.e. If they provide a BDA extension to get remote control codes, I could add support)

Offset takes positive or negative values to add or substract from the frequency. you can try to enter 133 166 if the included frequency list doesn't work as it should. but normally most of tuners don't need offset
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I hope it will be working good now, also tomorrow, perhaps it's the driver problem, but it's unusable if I'd have to reinstall driver and SW every day. :(

BTW it was working good even together with SS HD2, both tuners, 2 DD installations running at once without any problems, so I don't think it's the BDA conflict, it just works perfect sometimes or doesn't work at all.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope it will be working good now, also tomorrow, perhaps it's the driver problem, but it's unusable if I'd have to reinstall driver and SW every day. :(

BTW it was working good even together with SS HD2, both tuners, 2 DD installations running at once without any problems, so I don't think it's the BDA conflict, it just works perfect sometimes or doesn't work at all.

I'd say try on another PC , make sure if hardware faulty.
then maybe reinstalling Windows (maybe on another partition?)
to narrow down the problem.

maybe it is motherboard / USB ports related.
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I'll try it on another PC later, it's quite complicated, I need several days to test another PC is in the room without cable - signal.

I don't think it's the motherboard, it's new (the old one is broken :( ), and I tried probably all USB slots already.

I have removed all USB devices and both Skystar cards, so I want to test like this few days first.

BTW I tried it also in Pr****B and when driver was installed correctly and DD had no signal, this program displayed error message on start "Device not started", perhaps it will be helpful somehow.

Edit: So I tried to turn off / on PC, it works good so far, I need to test few more days...

BTW Do you think the DD could stop the device somehow? In previous version, because of incorrect exit?
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:48 pm

BTW Do you think the DD could stop the device somehow? In previous version, because of incorrect exit?
It was a pointer error. because of that, It couldn't completely close the device in previous version. So couldn't start the device that looked like already started. Now stops correctly.

But it is important , maybe only happened on some PCs with apps that prevent writing to registry (Anti-spyware etc) Many users might have got affected. Fortunately found & fixed thanks to you.
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:56 am

I'm using Avast antivirus and Comodo firewall, but the firewall shows me if it block something, so I could allow it.

Regarding the start, I've got new info...

- yesterday it was working, no USB devices but mouse, no PCI cards (only sound card PCIe)
- restart, still working
- turn off, turn on PC, still working
- today, turn on PC, tuner is NOT working, device is not started or offline mode in other SW
- restart, turn off/on, still not working
- all the time the tuner is "working correctly" in device manager
- tuner removed from USB slot #1
- tried to uninstall device in device manager - freezing, not responding
- I tried to restart PC, failed, I had to do a hard reset

- NOW it's important!
- I have inserted tuner to USB slot #2, PC restart
- Windows loaded, driver installed automatically in tray
- tuner IS working!

So at least I know a way to quickly "start" the tuner, now I just need to find out why it has stopped, why it happens randomly, after 3rd or 4th PC start.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Re: Evolve Mars DVB-T USB - exit/start issues

Postby rel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm

moving to undetermined

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”