... seems that a lot of people are working on a good remote-tool.
Me too !
It's not really finished yet, but works fine until now.
A first release for testing is planned around X-Mas (... as a present ?!)
A short description of all planned features:
- Can receive signals from nearly every IR-Remote with a TX-frequency around 36KHz. I tested it here with Technisat RCs (Philips RC5-Coding), TwinHan RCs (NEC-Coding), DBOX RCs (special format, BitPhase-Coding) and many other standard TV/DVD-controls more. Also Sony RCs works fine (special Sony-coding).
- Receiving is possible via a 'normal' IR-Plug for COM-ports and also via special USB-IR-receiver-sticks designed like the one from Igor Cesko (available at ebay germany)
- No special tools like WinLIRC or girder are neccessary ! All needed things are implemented.
- It is planned to handle HID-devices (like TS or Pinnacle) also.
- is designed as a module for DD
- Everey ( ! ) key on nearly every RC can be learned and is free configureable in a GUI. Very easy to use.
- DD is controlled like doing this with HotKeys ! So you can use more 'Keys' - controlling EPG, OSD, Teletext and any other Plugin/Module which has a reaction to HKs is possible ! Also done with a GUI. Also very easy to use.
Future plan is controlling any Software on the machine.
I created this specially for my new HTPC because i couldn't find any overall usefull working tool...
Hope this is interesting.
If i'm ready to give out a beta-release, many testers are welcome.
PLEASE DONT POST ANY WISHES HERE ! I will open up a separate Thread ! THX.
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date