Remote Control Module

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

townkat
Just popping in

Postby townkat » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm

I found out what the problem was,

It seems that dvbdream windows becomes somehow "invisible" when in fullscreen mode. There is an option in eventghost to find invisible windows, when i checked that, everything works perfectly :D.

Scanman, thnx alot for helping, and please try evenghost, if i understood right, then eventghost can fully accomplish your module purpose
http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/EventGhost:About

Thnx for helping.

Technotrend S2-3200
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:19 am

@ rel

Doing some other module-stuff for DD i'm now back to complete my announced remote-module (now also working with Remote-Functions via Network).
A very good replacement for WinLIRC - also with USB-capability !

But an undefinably problem occurs - short explanation:

I have 2 variants of this prog at the moment.
One will work 'standalone' as a separate program, the other works as a module for DD.

The 'standalone' version works absoöutly fine with the implemented ComPort-Library from sourceforge.

The 'module' version didn't get any signals from the comport. I use same basic source in both programs !!!

Is DD blocking something there ???? I tried V 1.3c up to actual patches.
Please let me know a.s.a.p. I getr a little bit crazy here...

:roll: ScanMan
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:23 am

@ rel

Starting an installed TeleText-Plugin via RMT_TELETEXT seems not to work.
Can you please add it an give a patched version of 1.4h ? Thx !

:D ScanMan
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 am

@ rel

Starting an installed TeleText-Plugin via RMT_TELETEXT seems not to work.
Can you please add it an give a patched version of 1.4h ? Thx !

:D ScanMan
will be working on v1.4i (test 4)

DD doesn't prevent anything related to Com Port usage. No idea what could be the problem for that.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 am

When i start the little proggie, no error occurs.
If DD still running, i get the error "Unable to open com port (win error code:5)".
If DD is started afterwards, the com port shows curious behavior in that way, that the received signals on the DSR-pin are changed mostly in timing.
I only read the DSR-pin to get data from standard IR-COM-Dongle as used e.g for WinLIRC.
Something must happen in DD that manipulate / block the com port...
maxxxxel
Not too shy to talk

Postby maxxxxel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:27 am

Any news on a plugin module? I have 2 remotes one is the standard Haupauge and one is a cheap USB remote with Girder, Standard remote does not work in DD the USB can change channels but will not work in full screen mode.
Happauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 - DD1.4h - bda_20080301_6
- Drivers NOVA-HVR-CD40a2 - Driver version 2 2.119.25023.0 - remote + wtvirbridge ;-)

HTPC - WinXP SP2 - AMD 3800 X2 939 - 1GB DDR2
$20 Donated to DVBDream. Support DVBdream and donate some $ :-D
maxxxxel
Not too shy to talk

Postby maxxxxel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:11 am

Remote is now working with DVBDream (the native remote from Haupauge + other Haupauge remote controls!

Just put WTVIRBridge.exe into the WinTV folder where irremote.dll file is located, stop Hauppauge Iremote, start WTVIRBridge.exe, start DVBdream, go to remotes select WinLIRC and double click on a key to change and assign the key by pressing a key on the remote

Just need to get the Stab HH 120 to work

http://www.oliver-frietsch.de/wtvirbrid ... php?lng=en

WTVIRBridge

WTVIRBridge is an unofficial replacement for Hauppauge's WinTV IR software, supporting analog WinTV capture devices (PCI & USB) including the PVR versions (At least that's what I hope; there are NO WARRANTIES!). Even though still using the original hardware access library, WTVIRBridge is a whole new control application featuring a tray status indicator and remote key logging.

WTVIRBridge is open source (written in Borland Delphi) and therefore enables developers to do everything they want with incoming keypresses, e.g. forwarding them to the network or the Windows Messaging System. This is a huge advantage over Hauppauge's original software with its feature-limited configuration file.

WTVIRBridge was inspired by Peter Heitman's Girder Hauppauge IRRemote Plugin. Thanks Peter!
Source Code

The source code is intended for developer use only! If you are a pure user, please download a file from one of the following sections.

Latest version: 1.6.0.0
Fixes a bug related to the auto startup feature and folders with spaces inside of their name.
ZIP Archive (695 KB)
DIRC Edition

Forwards the keypresses to DIRC.

ZIP Archive (196 KB)
WinLIRC Edition

Broadcasts the keypresses using a fully WinLIRC-compatible server. All applications that can be controlled via WinLIRC now can be used together with the WinTV remote receiver (This is limited to RC5 remotes).

ZIP Archive (217 KB)
Installation Instructions (All Editions)

1. Install Hauppauge's original WinTV IR software (version 2.45 or newer is required!); or make sure that it is already properly installed.
2. Extract the zip file to a folder of your choice.
3. Locate the Hauppauge software's folder. Usually, this is "[Path to your program files]\WinTV".
4. Copy the file "irremote.dll" to your WTVIRBridge folder.
5. Uninstall Hauppauge's original WinTV IR software. This can be done in the Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs".
6. Run "WTVIRBridge.exe". An hour glass will appear in your system tray (next to the clock), changing to the WTVIRBridge tray icon after some seconds.
7. Right-click the tray icon to open the WTVIRBridge main menu.
8. Activate "Load on startup (Current user)".

WTVIRBridge

WTVIRBridge ist ein inoffizieller Ersatz für Hauppauges WinTV IR-Software, der analoge WinTV-Karten (PCI & USB) einschließlich der PVR-Varianten unterstützt (Das ist jedenfalls meine Hoffnung, es gibt KEINE GARANTIE!). Obwohl das Programm auf der originalen Hardware-Bibliothek aufsetzt, bietet WTVIRBridge eine vollständig neue Programmoberfläche, die die getätigten Tastendrücke aufzeichnet und jeden Tastendruck außerdem im Tray anzeigt.

WTVIRBridge ist Open Source (entwickelt in Borland Delphi) und gibt Entwicklern so die Chance, absolut alles mit den empfangenen Tastendrücken anzustellen. Denkbar sind etwa eine Umleitung in das Windows Messaging System oder die Übertragung ins Netzwerk. Gegenüber der originalen Hauppauge-Software mit ihrer sehr eingeschränkten Konfigurationsdatei ist dies ein großer Vorteil.

WTVIRBridge wurde durch Peter Heitmans Girder Hauppauge IRRemote Plugin inspiriert. Danke Peter!
Quelltext

Der Quelltext ist nur für Entwickler von Interesse! Falls Sie reiner Anwender sind, laden Sie bitte eine der Dateien aus den nächsten Abschnitten herunter.

Neueste Version: 1.6.0.0
Behebt einen Fehler im Zusammenhang mit der Autostart-Funktion und Ordnern mit Leerzeichen im Namen.
ZIP-Archiv (695 KB)
DIRC Edition

Leitet die Tastendrücke an DIRC weiter.

ZIP-Archiv (196 KB)
WinLIRC Edition

Stellt die Tastendrücke mit einem vollständig WinLIRC-kompatiblen Server zur Verfügung. Anwendungen, die über WinLIRC gesteuert werden können, lassen sich nun auch dem WinTV-Fernbedienungsempfänger nutzen (Dieser unterstützt nur RC5-Fernbedienungen).

ZIP-Archiv (217 KB)
Installationshinweise (Alle Editionen)

1. Installieren Sie die Original Hauppauge WinTV-Fernbedienungs-Software (Version 2.45 oder höher ist zwingend erforderlich!), oder stellen Sie sicher, dass diese bereits korrekt eingerichtet ist.
2. Entpacken Sie das ZIP-Archiv in einen Ordner Ihrer Wahl.
3. Suchen Sie das Verzeichnis der Hauppauge-Software auf Ihrer Festplatte. Ãœblicherweise ist dies "C:\Programme\WinTV".
4. Kopieren Sie die Datei "irremote.dll" in Ihren WTVIRBridge-Ordner.
5. Deinstallieren Sie Hauppauges original WinTV-Fernbedienungs-Software wieder. Benutzen Sie dazu die Systemsteuerung, Unterpunkt "Software".
6. Starten Sie "WTVIRBridge.exe". In Ihrem Tray (neben der Uhr) erscheint ein Sanduhr-Symbol, das sich nach kurzer Zeit in das WTVIRBridge-Icon verwandelt.
7. Klicken Sie mit der rechten Maustaste auf das Icon, um das Hauptmenü von WTVIRBridge zu öffnen.
8. Aktivieren Sie dort "Load on startup (Current user)".
Attachments
wtvirbridge-winlirc-1.6.0.0.zip
Wtvirbridge
(216.07 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
wtvirbridge-src-1.6.0.0.zip
Wtvirbridge source
(694.54 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Happauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 - DD1.4h - bda_20080301_6
- Drivers NOVA-HVR-CD40a2 - Driver version 2 2.119.25023.0 - remote + wtvirbridge ;-)

HTPC - WinXP SP2 - AMD 3800 X2 939 - 1GB DDR2
$20 Donated to DVBDream. Support DVBdream and donate some $ :-D
rayble

name of module

Postby rayble » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:51 am

scanman What is the name of your module for the usb remote I can't find anything to get my usb/ir remote to work
I have a skystar 2 pci dvb card and it came with a usb remote "ts35"

Rayble
windows xp
twinhan starbox usb
emp 154 switch
mannoola

Postby mannoola » Fri May 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello, wow, all the posts here are so technical I am sure you are all very smart people, unfortunately I am not as smart, and I need your expertise please. I have Remote Control TS35 and my card is SkyStar2, is there a plugin I can use to make the remote control work on DVB Dream? Does it require too much technical knowledge?

Thank you very much.

Manal
DVB Card: SkyStar2 PCI Card
Manufacturer: TechniSat Digital S.A.
Driver Version: 4.5.0.0
Video Card: NVidia GForce 8500 GT
Operating System: Windows 7 RC
Satellites: NileSat, Badr, Hotbird
Diseq is: v 1.0 or v1.2
tarik

Postby tarik » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 am

remote module for DvbDream which supports at least the Pinnacle 400i lite series plz
I HAVE PC CARTE SAT PCTV 400I PINACLE

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”