Writing a player software for a USB dongle

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

thiagorod

Writing a player software for a USB dongle

Postby thiagorod » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi,
I want to write a player application for a ISDB-T dongle. Though it is for ISDB-T, it is compatible with DVB-T Network Provider and BDA architecture. I have started writing the code using DirectShow standard commands but it got too complicated, specially in the part to change the channel. How can the DVBDream API help me doing this? I also need to select the filters manually, like the video decoding filter, audio, and demux.
This dongle worked in DVBDream but only partially: it was able to find some channels, not all of them... and only a few filters were able for me to choose, this is strange because I have a bunch of filters installed. It did not open the audio (due to the wrong filter) and the video was choppy (maybe because there are some tables in the TS that are not fully compatible with the filter too). For example: I could only select between Mainconcept and CoreAVC filters, but I have Elecard and others installed and they did not appear in DVBDream. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thiago

DVB-S2 QBOX2

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”