Scheduled recording when DD is not running.

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

lazyinnet

Scheduled recording when DD is not running.

Postby lazyinnet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi,

I'm using the scheduled recording feature to recording programs while I'm sleeping. It works OK when I keep DD open before I go to bed.

However I would like DD to start on scheduled time to record, and exit when finish.

DD did start itself on scheduled time, but only a 1kb file is recorded.

(Sorry for the wrong information provided earlier, the problem is actually not with the "exit on complete" mode)

Twinhan 1020A
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2G
Gigabyte EP35-DS3P
4GB DDR2-800 Ram
AMD HD2400XT
Creative Audigy 2
Windows Vista Business (no SP)
t1470258
Just popping in

Postby t1470258 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm

I can confirm this bug...

If DD to be started earlier, there are no errors/conflicts whatsoever. Yet if DD is set to be START-RECORD (default scheduler behaviour) instead of only RECORD, for me DD produces 1k files with empty/black screen...

This might be minor bug affecting few, yet programming a tiny DELAY between "start" of the program and "channel setting" and "record" commands would definitely solve the problem since previously opened DD obeys scheduler perfectly...

IMHO the non-delay between "start" and "channel setting" isn't enough for DD to set and record on some configurations for this bug to occur...

As a workaround I manually added a previous scheduler command for "start"ing DD prior to recordings 1min earlier. Thus 1 min later the DD-Scheduler added task works perfectly except complaining "Another instance of DD is running..."...

I'd like to ask author to include a minor(ms) delay in between start and channel setting in beta/future versions to see if this works...

Thanks...
skystar2 v2.6d
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 am

please test with v1.5x series and report if still problem exists
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Done”