Schedule recordings don't stop on duration

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dirk362
Not too shy to talk

Schedule recordings don't stop on duration

Postby dirk362 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:11 am

Previous editions (2.0a and 1.5g tested) do not exhibit this issue.

Steps to reproduce
1. Set up Daily recording of multiple channels (say 3) on a single transponder for overnight recording (circa 8 hours), with Do Nothing after task completed, Render-less, Minimize to tray as options.
2. Set DVBDream to render-less, minimize, then leave DVBDream 2.2a running.
3. Allow Windows scheduled task to run and start recordings.
4. Channel 1 in recording list will stop at correct duration.
5. Channels 2 and 3 in recording list will continue to record (note that GUI of DVBDream doesn't show recording still in progress).

If more than 3 channels on a single transponder are recording (by example 5), then
Channels 1 and 2 stop at correct duration, channels 3, 4 and 5 do not.

If only 2 channels on a single transponder are recording, then both stop at correct duration.

My Equipment
Windows 7 x64
3 x Pinnacle PCTV Stargate Dual DVB-S PCI
2 x TBS 6981 Dual DVB-S2 PCIe

rel
relocation

Re: Schedule recordings don't stop on duration

Postby rel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Do the recordings have the same start time and duration?
Scheduled recordings of multiple channels on the same transponder have to have same start time and duration. Scheduler interface self explanatory about this. specifying one start time and duration , then checking the channels to be recorded.
I'll test your steps soon but just to make sure your setup is this way.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
dirk362
Not too shy to talk

Postby dirk362 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

They do have the same start time and duration as it's a single scheduled recording, just of multiple channels on the same transponder.
I'm not trying to perform overlaping recording as I know DVBDream doesn't (yet) provide that functionality.

Here's a screen shot showing a sample of 5 channels recording via a single scheduled entry.

With this scheduler as shown, channels 1 and 2 stop at correct duration, channels 3, 4 and 5 do not. The channel order is as shown in the task list in teh top-half of the screen and doesn't relate to the channel order as shown in the right hand side channel list.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:12 am

Yea, I've noticed there was a bug with stopping multiple recording. Fixed in upcoming version. Thanks for reporting.
Btw, May I ask why do you need to rename channels to include channel numbers? Remote tab of channel list doesn't help with that ?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
dirk362
Not too shy to talk

Postby dirk362 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for confirming, identifying and fixing. Looking forward to a new release being posted soon...

I rename the channels only to help with my own filing system of recordings on hard disk - nothing related to capability with DVBDream - it just makes my life easier at an OS level.

Thanks again

Return to “Done”