DVB Dream doesn't prevent deletion of file

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

vineboy

DVB Dream doesn't prevent deletion of file

Postby vineboy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm

If you accidentally delete a file which is still recording, it will be gone even when it is still recording.
DVB Dream doesn't prevent it from being deleted. From old version to latest 2.2b, still the same.

If I record by other tv software, it is impossible to delete a file which is still recording. Windows will warn me that the file is still in use by that tv software.

Dreamer

Re: DVB Dream doesn't prevent deletion of file

Postby Dreamer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm not sure if it's possible to solve this, I need the access to the files from VLC while recording, it's the workaround to timeshift and it's working good.

The workaround for the problem is to set the recycle bin to ask before delete and move to bin, not delete the files.
Dreamer
vineboy

Postby vineboy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Sorry, I don't know why you are telling me about VLC and timeshift.

Many players can open and playback the file even when it is still recording by other tv software. But other tv software will also protect the file from being deleted when it is still recording by telling Windows that it is in use.

DVB Dream doesn't protect the file from being deleted accidentally when it is still recording. And you may think you are still recording when the file is already gone.
X05
Home away from home

Postby X05 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:56 am

Sorry, I don't know why you are telling me about VLC and timeshift.

Many players can open and playback the file even when it is still recording by other tv software. But other tv software will also protect the file from being deleted when it is still recording by telling Windows that it is in use.

DVB Dream doesn't protect the file from being deleted accidentally when it is still recording. And you may think you are still recording when the file is already gone.
Think I have found the problem. I'll attach patch for 2.2b soon. It will stop possibility of file being deleted.
Omicom DVB-S2
X05
Home away from home

Postby X05 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 am

Patch for v2.2b. Please tell me if it stops file delete.
Extract file to dvbdream main folder and run.
Click the button in the dialog to run the patch.
It will make a backup.
Will display OK or FAILED message box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Omicom DVB-S2
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 am

Patch works great, thanks for the fix!
Dreamer

Return to “Done”