Setting MPEG record format causes TS file errors (UK DTT)

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Andrew Wood
Not too shy to talk

Setting MPEG record format causes TS file errors (UK DTT)

Postby Andrew Wood » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 am

An odd problem: setting the record format as MPEG results in HD recordings from UK Freeview having 'corrupt' TS files (using a PCTV NanoStick T2 290e)

When trying to load the resulting TS files into my usual editior VideoRedoTVSuite4, it fails saying it cannot handle MPEG-1 audio streams. Loading the files into its quick stream fix tool shows this:

Setting the record format back to TS, the files load without problem. Under TS Record Options, nothing is checked.

Further to this, I also have a second copy of DVBDream installed with which I record from satellite using a TeVii S660. This doesn't have the same problem: the MPEG record format is set and HD recordings default to TS which load and play fine.

Here are two files recorded from Freeview:

MPEG record format set, TS file recorded (15MB)
TS record format set, TS file recorded (15MB)

One other issue, no HD files play audio straight away (DTT or satellite) unless they've been through the video editor.

rel
relocation

Re: Setting MPEG record format causes TS file errors (UK DTT

Postby rel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:08 am

I've found a possible cause for this problem, PCR was not getting recorded on HD channels while MPG format is selected. I have fixed it in upcoming version, soon to be released, please test.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Andrew Wood
Not too shy to talk

Re: Setting MPEG record format causes TS file errors (UK DTT

Postby Andrew Wood » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks! Look forward to trying the vew version.

Return to “Done”