Recording with Scheduler set to Renderless Mode Problems...

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mastermesh
Just popping in

Recording with Scheduler set to Renderless Mode Problems...

Postby mastermesh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 am

For some reason, when I set up scheduler to record several things in renderless mode, the first recording records fine, but subsequent recordings don't record anything. mpg files are created for each scheduled recording, but every mpg file after the first one is zero mb in size and there's no actual video contents in the files created after the first recording. If I shut down dvb dream and then reopen it after first recording is done, the second records fine, so I think it's just some sort of issue with the way scheduler is set up to record more than one video file since something resets itself to record the first one after starting up dvb dream fine... it's those subsequent ones that is the issue. Also, I have a question - is there a max file size or minutes of recording that scheduler can record? In order to try to work around this problem, I tried recording about 6 hours on one channel instead of 1 hour here, a break in the recording and then a second recording a couple of hours later, thinking that I could just record 6 or so hours, and edit it down to the stuff I actually wanted later, but it seemed that it recorded a certain amount of video and then just stopped recording even though the red timer indicator numbers were still going on the screen showing that recording was still happening. I tested that by opening up the folder in Windows that dvb dream was recording to and kept refreshing it to see mb size in windows explorer. I can't remember the exact size it got to, but it seemed to get to a certain size and stop making the file bigger than that after so long...

I love dvb dream, and am hoping that this is some minor bug that can be easily fixed. My computer is a 1.5ghz and it has 512 mb ram. I'm using dvb world box usb 2 box to get the signals in to dvb dream. I realize that my machine is a little on the slow side to be doing this stuff, but you'd think that that wouldn't matter if it's in renderless mode, especially since all other funtionality of dvb dream seem to work fine on this computer, and recording not in renderless works fine too... I just want to be able to use renderless so there's less of a chance of cpu maxing out eventually.... I think recording without renderless causes the same second mpg = 0mb problem... but don't do that sort of recording too much since the computer's on the slower side.

DVB World USB Box (for FTA)
DVB Dream 1.3
ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro (for OTA)
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Confirm probs with schduled recording

Postby ScanMan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:39 am

I don't often record with the scheduler, but since a few weeks i must confirm that little(?) bug in DD.
Contrary to mastermesh, sometimes it works 5 times and more, somtimes it won't work for one little try... Therefor i got a video for about a half second - after that only audio. But never an 0-sized file.
And also sometimes, DD seems to hang in a loop after finishing the record. I can't get a rule of this.
This error can be forced while 'check' only one of the options in the scheduler-form: Quit, PowerOff, renderless mode and minimize to tray
This prob was discussed mutiple in the german dd-board !
:evil: ScanMan
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
Dreamer

Re: Confirm probs with schduled recording

Postby Dreamer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:55 pm

This prob was discussed mutiple in the german dd-board !
:evil: ScanMan
I don't think Rel speaks German, you have to report any bugs just here.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:39 am

scheduler should work better on v1.4.

please test it and let me know for any problem.

if you come across the same problem,
please send log files from the moment it starts screwing up.

also note that, the scheduler problems on scrambled channels are sometimes related to plugins..
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Done”