Skystar HD - works unstable.

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Maximvs-A
Just popping in

Skystar HD - works unstable.

Postby Maximvs-A » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:36 am

Forgive me my english :)

DD is my favourite tv-sat application but after i changed my old Skystar2 on Technisat Skystar HD (DVB-S2) the problems starts to appearing.

Yes, i know that SS-HD is not mentioned in DD 'devices-working-list' - anyway - it's work as a BDA-Device .

Sometimes when i start DD whole system freezing (high CPU usage - A64 X2 3800 -only one core is load 100% but system unbelievable slowing down ) and other time it's starts fine. This same thing is happend when i try to change the channel - sometimes it's ok and sometimes i must wait few minutes for a chance to kill the DD process in tray . Switching channels is much more longer than on SS2.

I have read about this problem in other websites - this is not a matter of ds filters or PC-hardware. A lot of users experienced these same annoying problems - some of them decides to back to the SS2. Otherwise - SS HD works fine only with Technisat TV Center ;)

Does the DvbDream autor planning to do smoething with this SS-HD/TT-3200 issues ?
Since i start using DD - i don't want another app :)

Edit:

- i tried without dual core optimizer and after installing it , system is 'fresh' ; GPU drivers - newest from nvidia.com.
I have found the thread - someone wrote that it is necessary to disable signal and cpu usage indicators - but it won't helped.

A64 X2 3800 (@2.6GHz,1.4V);Galaxy 7900GS Zalman (@640/1860) ;Geil 2x512 Cl2.5; AsRock DUAL SATA II; Maxtor DM9+ 160GB;Topower TOP-450P3 U12; Skystar2 + Skystar HD
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 pm

I dont have a SS-HD/TT-3200 card to test on.
and I dont have any programming information for them either. DD BDA driver works fine for many cards. and so SS-HD needs something special. Only if I can get enough information about the card BDA interface, I could help.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”