DVBDream plenty of bugs with VISTA

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

zorroman
Not too shy to talk

DVBDream plenty of bugs with VISTA

Postby zorroman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 am

Hi
I used to use Mytheatre for years until i started to get many freezing issues beside some other problems..
So i moved to the DVBDream which has a great features...
However since i used it with my Windows Vista i found plenty of bugs..
I'll try to remember some of them and mention them here just to help the programmer to fix them and make it much better program.

1- The main and the biggest problem with the DVBDreamer that everytime i Exit the program and i try to run it again it never work..i get error message telling me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" ..
No matter what the program will never work again until i Reinstall it .. so everytime i want to run the DVBDream i must Reinstall it then i run it.

2- I used to use a huge timeshift file..so i used 20 GB with the DVBDream... the Timeshift slider is not working correctly..once it starts to you can the slider moving in a right way showing that you are watching the tv for while...so you can forward or rewind very well...but after few hours it becomes messy..you can see the slider pointer located in the begining of the slider like it's the first minute you run the program...so you can't rewind anymore and you can forward a little..
However and the nice thing that you can still open the timeshift file with the TSplayer and you can see all the recorded time...however you will lose the tv program that it's running right now cause you must open the TSplayer...also the TSplayer doesn't support the remote control..so it's not fun at all.

3- When you try to forward or rewind you can't control how long you want to forward or rewind...so i think it's better to let the user determine the rewind-forward time (like 30 second, 90 seconds..etc).

4- The PIP is great feature..however when i try to open channel in the PIP window i have very limited channel choices...in the AltDVB program when you try to open the PIP window you can choose from all the vertical channels or all the horizntal channels.

5- I'm not sure if it's cause of the huge timeshift file again..but when i Pause the tv for while then i try to play again...it takes few minutes to play...(3-5 minutes to play again).

I hope you consider these bugs and fix them..
Once i remember or notice another bug i'll let you know at once.

Thank You

Twinhan 7021a USB Box
Driver name: DTV-DVB UDST7020BDA DVB-S USB Box (Without HID)
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:00 am

6- It's not a bug but it's tiny important feature i always used in Mytheatre .. When i press Ctrl+V the video disapear..and when i press Ctrl+V again i got my video showing up on my screen again...
This feature is very important especially when you use Terminal secondary Monitor or TV screen to watch your programs and shows...the DVBDream will always show on the TV Screen and you can't hide or stop it without closing the DVBDream itself...so for example if you would like to watch a video file/movie .. it will not show up on the TV screen cause the DVBDream is taking it over and doesn't allow you to show anything else there..
But if you can hide the Video (Ctrl+V) it will allow you to keep your shows and satellite programs running and being recodring (in the timeshift or seperate file) while you are watching any other video.

I see that 12 person have read this post without any reply..at least i hope what i'm writing here is being considered.

Thank You
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:27 pm

Most timeshift issues are know.

4. (PIP) Only the channels from same TP are available for PIP, you can't open a channel from different TP, it's possible only if you have two DVB cards/tuners, but you have to use 2 DVB Dream folders / instances...

6. Try Ctrl+K.
Dreamer
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:42 pm

Thank you for answering
4-With another satellite program i can open PIP window with channel but it must the same polarity (vertical - horizontal)

6-I tried Ctrl+K but it just shows the channel name and the resolution.

Thank You
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Re: DVBDream plenty of bugs with VISTA

Postby FredB » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 am

4- The PIP is great feature..however when i try to open channel in the PIP window i have very limited channel choices...in the AltDVB program when you try to open the PIP window you can choose from all the vertical channels or all the horizntal channels.
That's not possible. At first a single LNB can lock only one polarity and one band (high or low band) at the same time. So if it worked, the channels should have the same polarity and had to be situated on the same band !!!
That was the first point, the second one is the fact that a single tuner can not lock several frequencies (==> transponders) at the same time... Have you ever seen a radio tuner locking two radio station situated on two different frequencies at the same time ?!?
6-I tried Ctrl+K but it just shows the channel name and the resolution.
Did you use you're Twinhan Remote Control ?!? I've just remark that CTRL+K does not work, when Twinhan Remote Control's support is activated in DD.
Last edited by FredB on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: DVBDream plenty of bugs with VISTA

Postby genpix » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:49 am

1- The main and the biggest problem with the DVBDreamer that everytime i Exit the program and i try to run it again it never work..i get error message telling me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" ..
No matter what the program will never work again until i Reinstall it .. so everytime i want to run the DVBDream i must Reinstall it then i run it.
I think DVB dream is not guilty. It's a fault of plug-ins you are using.
Try to remove them and repeat the procedure again.
This is not a bug. This is just an indication that you have no idea what is a tuner :D
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:17 pm

I'll fix Timeshift issues soon.

btw nice replies. :-)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm sorry for not knowing too much about the PIP as i was always using the Mytheatre..so no need to mock genpix.

About the bugs again

1- I'm not using any plug ins with the DVBDream ... and i still need to reinstall the program everytime i want to run it..again i'm using windows VISTA.

2- About the timeshift..i hope it will be fixed soon..also please don't forget about the ability of determining the forward and the rewind length in seconds cause sometimes it forward or rewind like 10 minute per time.

6- Ctrl+K is not hiding the video..also i tried the Twinhan remote (the preview key) and it's doing the same thing like the Ctrl+K which is showing the channel name... there's no key to hide and show the video.

About the timeshift..i hope it will be fixed soon..also please don't forget about the ability of determining the forward and the rewind length in seconds cause sometimes it forward or rewind like 10 minute per time.

just last note..that i'm here trying to help and leave useful feedbacks to make the program much better..so i want to thank all the guys who tried to help here.
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:31 pm

1- I'm not using any plug ins with the DVBDream ... and i still need to reinstall the program everytime i want to run it..again i'm using windows VISTA.
Do you use Aero interface ? If yes DD appears to be not compatible with it. You can edit DD shortcut in order to deactivate this interface at DD start.
6- Ctrl+K is not hiding the video..also i tried the Twinhan remote (the preview key) and it's doing the same thing like the Ctrl+K which is showing the channel name... there's no key to hide and show the video.
As I previously wrote, with Twinhan remote support activated, CTRL+K shortcut does not work, but it should work fine without it.
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm sorry for not knowing too much about the PIP as i was always using the Mytheatre..
Should I mention that you don't know MyTheatre (or AltDVB) either ?
Cause the PIP behavior you described in the first post does NOT work with any of these two programs.

You can NOT tune to two different Transponders with single tuner DVB-s card.
No matter, what software do you use.
AMD x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (AGP)
latest BETA nVidia Audio/Video codecs (Cyberlink for H.264)
genpix 8PSK-to-USB2, Twinhan 1020
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 pm

You can NOT tune to two different Transponders with single tuner DVB-s card.
No matter, what software do you use.
Again..when i said i'm used to use Mytheatre i meant that i'm not used to use the PIP.
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Do you use Aero interface ? If yes DD appears to be not compatible with it. You can edit DD shortcut in order to deactivate this interface at DD start.
Sorry but i didn't get that...how to do that and which files i have to deal with?
What's the Aero interface? and does it affect the DD exe file and make it not working until i reinstall? ... i don't think so.
As I previously wrote, with Twinhan remote support activated, CTRL+K shortcut does not work, but it should work fine without it.
Sorry again i miunderstood you last time..i thought i must activate the Remote..
Anyway no need to deactivate the remote control..i just need to reassign the "Info" botton from (k) which has the code 75 to anything else like (*) for example (106) ..
However this short key must be changed in the bug fixes to prevent the conflicts between the keyboard and the Twinhan keyboard which is a little keyboard itself.

Thank You
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:48 pm

Again..when i said i'm used to use Mytheatre i meant that i'm not used to use the PIP.
then, maybe you should change the thread title :roll:
you see "plenty of bugs" where there are just few (and the rest is your understanding or, rather, mis-understanding).
AMD x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (AGP)
latest BETA nVidia Audio/Video codecs (Cyberlink for H.264)
genpix 8PSK-to-USB2, Twinhan 1020
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:42 pm

6. Go to menu > Channels > Render-less mode.
Dreamer
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 pm

6. Go to menu > Channels > Render-less mode.
Thank You i already fixed that by defining different key for the preview.
Twinhan 7021a USB Box

Return to “Undetermined”