DvbDream and Skystar USB HD

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

emco83
Just popping in

DvbDream and Skystar USB HD

Postby emco83 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:16 pm

I've tried the last two versions of DvbDream and its not working.

Last edited by emco83 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skystar USB HD
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: DvbDream its not working with Skystar USB HD

Postby genpix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 pm

sorry to say, but this is a typical example of useless post:
I've tried the last two versions of DvbDream and its not working.
Didn't you think that it may not working because you are doing something wrong?

Try to read a sticky in this section first (called "how to report bugs").
emco83
Just popping in

Postby emco83 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:18 am

Ok I'll explain more details. I had a skystar hd 2, but now when I've changed with skystar usb hd I've noticed when I'm installing DvbDream on device menu there is no card displayed at all. Check out the screenshots I made.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I check Display all devices none of devices its working with this card.
With ProgDvb and DvbViewer its working.
Skystar USB HD
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:40 am

have you tried to install BDA driver for your card (before saying that "its not working")?
And you do have bda.dev file in Device folder, don't you?
dobelmpk

" doing something wrong" device not recognised

Postby dobelmpk » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Genpix,
You do seem to know some of the operational detail of DVBDREAM . I would refer you to my query posted last week .
Is the Hauppauge HD pci card a device recognised by dvbdream?

I was a user of DVBDREAM 1.4i on Vista 32 machines and then upgraded to a WIN 7 32 and then 64. I then found that DVBDream 1.4i would not run.

I have installed and deinstalled all the versions of DVBDREAM 1.5 from a to e hoping that each sucessive version would operate But without sucess.
The standard error is ERROR 14 Hardware cannot start.
The Hauppauge software does work with the card, so there is no actual hardware fault.

I am prepared to accept that I must be doing something wrong, as it appears that others have DVBDREAM working on Win 64 and maybe with the Hauppauge 691XX card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
hauppauge wintv Nova HD S2 ( PCI) Win7 home premium X 64 ,
Gigabyte EP41-UD 3L motherboard, 4G RAM, Intel Dual core duo E4500, ATI Radeon 4850
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 pm

dobelmpk,
there are two types of tuner-card drivers, BDA and non-BDA (usually referred as WDM).

Some manufacturers release both types of drivers (Genpix DVB-s cards have both types now).
But only one type of driver at a time can be installed into Windows.

Depending on the type of driver you install, you have to use either bda.dev (BDA interface) or some_other.dev (custom device interface) for you card.

While BDA drivers have some consistency (they have to have), bda.dev should work with many different card drivers, and with both, x86 and x64 versions.

From the other hand, WDM driver is more "powerful" (it usually supports more functions then BDA driver offers). But these functions can be different from one version of the driver to another.
Thus, if some_other.dev driver works for you card, it does not mean yet that it would still work after you upgrade the card driver.
Thus, the first thing to do (if you have a problem): install the driver which is known to work with this *.dev interface.

there could be some difference between x86 and x64 drivers which may allow to work one and not allow other.
Last edited by genpix on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
emco83
Just popping in

Postby emco83 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:13 am

have you tried to install BDA driver for your card (before saying that "its not working")?
And you do have bda.dev file in Device folder, don't you?
I found bda driver now and yes there is bda.dev file in Device folder. Thanks for your help.
So to help others: this card has both drivers (BDA and WDM), but if you want to use bda driver do not install the drivers from the cd. Windows 7 auto installs bda drivers.

P.S. I've tested with bda drivers and I can say that has a lot of problems. Signal and quality are very low, sometimes windows is shutting down and other programs are not working stable with bda. Oh well I guess I will stick with WDM drivers and other software programs. I hope some day dvbdream will work with WDM drivers for this card.
Skystar USB HD
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 pm

you can use WDM driver with b2c2_sdk.dev interface (you need to select in devices window of DD)

otherwise you should use BDA. Try to update to latest drivers from Technisat's site.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 pm

but if you want to use bda driver do not install the drivers from the cd. Windows 7 auto installs bda drivers.
I highly doubt that Windows can correctly auto install any DVB-s driver.
You have to use driver provided by manufacturer (go to their web-site to get the latest version).
lotboss

Postby lotboss » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:24 am

in the device tab you need to check the box list of all device and select skystar sdk and push start it work fine on dvbdream 1.5e with skystar usb hd
have fun...

Return to “Undetermined”