1.2a - Tune to last ch. at startup

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

1.2a - Tune to last ch. at startup

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:20 am

This option (Tune to last ch. at startup) is enabled. When I close DD, open DD, channel is fofused, but there is no picture, I'm not sure if always, but I tried several times, several codecs and I have always just black screen at startup.

Hardware: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1GB RAM, ATI RX800 256MB, SB Audigy 2 Value, SkyStar 2 r2.3, Dish-Offset 120cm...
Software: Windows XP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, ATI Catalyst Driver 6.8, TechniSat DVB 4.4.0, Abakt, avast! Antivirus, Avant Browser, DVB Dream, FFDShow, Free Download Manager, freeCommander, HotkeyP, Kerio Personal Firewall, Media Player Classic, Nero, OpenOffice.org, Orca Browser, Photofiltre, PTBSync, Skype, Spybot, Trillian, Xnview, ZipGenius...

Dreamer
Seba-
Just popping in

Postby Seba- » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:01 am

Same thing here...
SkyStar 2 (Astra 19.2E + Hotbird)
Pentium D 820 + ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe + 1GB RAM
GeForce 6600
freewind
Just can't stay away

Postby freewind » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:49 am

I have Not above problem at all.
I tried many times (for scramble channels & fta). Checked "tune to last channel at startup" and always channel started normally with picture and sound.

(cyberlinks codecs pdvd7 -video mixing renderer 9)
TwinHan VP1022A (Red Card)/ Drivers: 2.4.1.1/ DVBWorld Box USB 2.0/ WinXpProSp2/ Intel Celeron CPU 2.66Ghz/ 512 MB of RAM/ Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 -256Mb/

Gibertini 1.00/ Invacom 0.3/ Diseqc1.2 Spaun
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:20 am

OK, when DD is running for a longer time, it works, but then just close DD again and start DD (or try restart DD few times). Probably it's some option, or channels only.

So just some channels, it works always with this channel:

CHANNEL
Name: "RAI 1" Provider: "CANALSATELLITE"
TRANSPONDER
11568000, V, 22000000 QPSK
Satellite: 0192 - Astra 1A-H, 2C
Signal Level:81% Quality:100%

Doesn't work with these (but not always, restart DD before testing and don't switch to other channel, then close and start DD again):

CHANNEL
Name: "DELUXE MUSIC" Provider: "BetaDigital"
TRANSPONDER
12460000, H, 27500000 QPSK FEC 3/4
Signal Level:71% Quality:88%

CHANNEL
Name: "3sat" Provider: "ZDFvision"
TRANSPONDER
11954000, H, 27500000 QPSK FEC 3/4
Signal Level:65% Quality:75%

BTW - maybe it's related with other problem with 2 PIP windows, since it doesn't work on the same channel (Deluxe Music) and works good:

Since this bug has been reported only in beta testers forum, I'll start a new topic here and copy that topic.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:49 pm

must be something specific to your PC or video configuration

I cant reproduce on 3 sat on 19.2e or any other channels on other sats I've tried.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:51 pm

But Seba- can reproduce it, with other processor and graphic card. Maybe it's a revision, Seba, what revisior do you have?

So it looks it's Full TS mode, if disabled, restart DD twice, at least once you'll get black screen at startup.

You can try also this settings file:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dreamer
pvdeejay
Home away from home

Postby pvdeejay » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 pm

it happens for me too unfortunatelly I am not able to make a proper conclusion out of that because sometimes it works good and other times it does not. I thought it might be related to buggy MD api implementation but it also happens sometimes on FTA channels here. If DD shows no video at startup I have to refresh device (ctrl+r).
I see this behaviour in DVB dream since I have started using it; until now I just ignored it silently but now when having some subscription card and positioner I have to restart device or sometimes DD more frequently because of the audio and video loss. It works acceptable when viewing FTA channels only. so maibe it might be related to my setup somehow too. Please note with E.G. skyview the same codec renderers mdplugins it works much constantly without these anoying things. I am not saying DD is sort of trash or something close to it I am just trying to post my situation maibe if more people can confirm this you can try stop adding new features for a while and concentrate on stability and improvements for existing features. Maibe thats the problem autograph feature searches for all the codec each time DD starts or each time one is switching channels. I dont know the details. also let's stress it one more time; MD plugins are still not fully supported so this needs your attention.
The user interface of DVB dream is very atractive to me so I would be very happy if you can do something about all these things. I know it cant be done within a day or two; development takes time; I am trying to persuade you to turn into this direction.
thanks for the help
P4 3.0GHz 1024 MB of ram, nvidia Geforce 6600, SS2 rev 2.6, WDM drivers 4.41, SG2100, always latest DVBDream with the latest FFDshow.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:53 am

if more people can confirm this you can try stop adding new features for a while and concentrate on stability and improvements for existing features.
when I'm able to fix a bug, I usually like to try fixing it first. when I'm not, I like to work on other things until find a way / an idea to fix that bug.

I will have to stop working on DD soon, for a long time (I think for 6-7 months at least) , due to busy period I will be in. and I want to implent some new features before that besides fixing the bugs which causing problems for other users but not me..

When to add a new feature, when to fix a bug. I think it is my time and it must be my decision.

so I'd say,
get used to those bugs :) :P
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:05 am

cant reproduce

Return to “Undetermined”