Programme won't initialise

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dave M
Just popping in

Programme won't initialise

Postby Dave M » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 am

I keep experiencing a problem every couple of weeks; I go to open DVBdream and the software simply won't launch. It does nothing, it doesn't even show up in task manager. I then have to uninstall the software, delete the related folders and then clear the registration, and then reinstall. It's an immense irritant. I would be grateful of any help with this.

Skystar 2 HD, AMD Phenom 9550 (2.2Ghz) Quad, ATI Radeon HD 3600, 4GB RAM, Vista 64
Chuck35
Not too shy to talk

Postby Chuck35 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 am

Look at dvbdream\devices\bda.log
I had this problem because dream didn't like a usb atsc tuner I had plugged in
Genpix Skywalker 1, 3.0 ghz quad core 4 gig ram, Radeon x1900
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am

next time when you catch that point, please take the dvbdream.log and bda.log files and attach here on the forum. so we can find out the exact reason for the problem.
Also you can simply delete settings.cfg file to fix the problem simply without deleting everything. (if this doesnt help, also try to delete chllist.chl)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”