Crashes All The Time

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Snipe3000
Just popping in

Crashes All The Time

Postby Snipe3000 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 am

Hello,
DVBdream crashes all the time, every 2 or 3 minutes. It use to crash back when I had version 1.7, but now it is crashing way more often with this latest build; 2.2b. Windows is the one reporting the crash so there is no in-program crash report, but I did attach the log files.
Is there a fix for this?

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win7 64bit
Genpix Skywalker-1
Dish1000 (Dpplus)
rel
relocation

Re: Crashes All The Time

Postby rel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 am

Remove all plugins and modules, try on a FTA channel please to see if the problem is caused by a certain plugin..
You can type to me in PM, if it is plugin related issue..

I think you use DVB Link, so it is probably not a codec issue. But please try to narrow down the problem if it is caused by DVB link or not. you can try to use DD stand alone for a while with reliable codecs, and see if it is working fine.

I couldn't see the problem in log files. You can also send the screenshot from the crash report. Also tell me if only happens when you switch channels or while watching for a few minutes.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Snipe3000
Just popping in

Postby Snipe3000 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:53 am

Remove all plugins and modules, try on a FTA channel please to see if the problem is caused by a certain plugin..
You can type to me in PM, if it is plugin related issue..

I think you use DVB Link, so it is probably not a codec issue. But please try to narrow down the problem if it is caused by DVB link or not. you can try to use DD stand alone for a while with reliable codecs, and see if it is working fine.

I couldn't see the problem in log files. You can also send the screenshot from the crash report. Also tell me if only happens when you switch channels or while watching for a few minutes.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was out of town for a couple weeks.
I have a DVBdream up without any plugins or modules. I'm not sure which channels are FTA though, which ones are they? An HD one would be nice to test with.

About the crashing, it would usually happen when I wasn't changing channels.

** I checked http://www.lyngsat.com , I don't think there are anymore FTA channels.
Win7 64bit
Genpix Skywalker-1
Dish1000 (Dpplus)
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:31 am

I'm not sure how it is now there if problem still continues ?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”