Problem with tuner TBS_USB

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Alves1

Problem with tuner TBS_USB

Postby Alves1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm

I am evaluating DVBDream with tuner TBS5925 DVBS2 Pro, but the channel scan has many flaws, there are a number of channels and repeats several other channels.
You may need a fix to solve the problem of compatibility with the hardware mentioned.

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: Problem with tuner TBS_USB

Postby genpix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 pm

I am evaluating DVBDream with tuner TBS5925 DVBS2 Pro, but the channel scan has many flaws, there are a number of channels and repeats several other channels.
You may need a fix to solve the problem of compatibility with the hardware mentioned.
You may need to fix your post (to give a details of this gibberish).
Otherwise, it's just a useless post (one hardly can understand what you were talking about).
Alves1

Postby Alves1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

You may need to fix your post (to give a details of this gibberish).
Otherwise, it's just a useless post (one hardly can understand what you were talking about).
I have experienced the DVBDream (last trial version) and think about buy it, but I see he has incompatibilities with TBS5925 card that currently use.
In tests I did with another older card (TBS8920) operation is normal.
But with TBS5925, using the same antenna and same satellite, the scan is slow, does not find all channels, and sometimes repeats channel names several times, giving the same name to different channels so wrong.
You may need a fix in the next version of DVBDream ... I will wait for correction before buying the license.
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:26 am

are you for real?
you just gave another absolutely non-informative post (like "it's broken, fix it").

You gave absolutely no details. No wonder nobody wants to give you advises (you have to get used to that in your life unless you change your attitude).

You said nothing about driver (BDA or WDM).
You said nothing about your knowledge that BDA standard does not support diseqc switches.
You said nothing about your OS.
You said nothing about what satellites you area scanning (do you see duplicate channels on real FTA streams? or do you see duplicate channels on the proprietary streams which do NOT conform to DBA-s standard?).
You said nothing about your setup (motorized dish? multy-LNB dish with switches?).

In other words: you said nothing which can gives us a clue on what you are talking about.
And by the way, did you read the very first paragraph on supported devices page?
If you did not understand it, read again.
If you still do not understand it, ask questions.

But coming here with a bold statement "it's not working, fix it" just shows that you did not learn to read yet (at least, this is my impression).
which brings me to the rhetorical question: why am I typing this? you wont be able to read that anyway.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 am

Do you have the latest drivers for your card ? tried on latest DVB Dream version? Normally TBS devices are one of those that work very well with DVB Dream because of their supportive policy and helpful engineers.
I'll try to help more. just let me know about the versions of your driver and DD.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”