Problems scanning channels using DD 1.3c with KNC one DVB-C

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mschmid

Problems scanning channels using DD 1.3c with KNC one DVB-C

Postby mschmid » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:57 am

I am using the most recent BDA drivers but there is still a lot of trouble scanning the channels: if I use the long channel search, NO channel is found but some TPs are reported being empty and others having no channels. The latter must be the ones which in fact have the channels available. If I use the fast scanning specifying the first TP (UHF 474MHz), all channels in this TP are found but none in the following TPs. There is also no signal quality displayed for all of the remaining 48 TP in the UHF. I've tried to find out more using different codecs and playing around with different settings. Without any better result. I've wiped away all DD and its settings and reinstalled it to have a fresh setup. This is where I stand now without any option what to try more. I'd like to use DD because of its ffdshow support which allows me to get rid of the Betty TV garniture of the streams...

KNC one DVB-C/ Windows XP pro
carlo_0000
Just popping in

Postby carlo_0000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:17 am

i got the same problem with KNC 1 DVB-S2
with last bda driver + dvbdream 1.3c

unable to do a full scan

sometime when scaning current transponder it works

diesq doesn't work correctly (olso with pctvsat)
it s very hard to switch to the 3 or 4 lnb (i need to swith the hardware to pctvsat & knc one, end refresh the channel , than 50% chance it work

even sigial display quality is wrong
with the knc one it say olways 88% 88% on all channels end 0 when transpondeur wouldn't work

and olso wrong with pctvsat got level 28% (>33) and quality 0%
pctvsat with dvbdream 0.8x signal was display correctly (+- 75 to 90)

never i was able to scan a 8PSK transponder

they were other bugs but i don't remember
KNC 1 dvb-S2 + pctvsat
diseq 19.2° - 13° - 28.2° - 23.5°
athlon x2 4200 + gf7600gt
windows 2003
kolo1
Just can't stay away

Re: Problems scanning channels using DD 1.3c with KNC one DV

Postby kolo1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:52 am

I am using the most recent BDA drivers but there is still a lot of trouble scanning the channels: if I use the long channel search, NO channel is found but some TPs are reported being empty and others having no channels. The latter must be the ones which in fact have the channels available. If I use the fast scanning specifying the first TP (UHF 474MHz), all channels in this TP are found but none in the following TPs. There is also no signal quality displayed for all of the remaining 48 TP in the UHF. I've tried to find out more using different codecs and playing around with different settings. Without any better result. I've wiped away all DD and its settings and reinstalled it to have a fresh setup. This is where I stand now without any option what to try more. I'd like to use DD because of its ffdshow support which allows me to get rid of the Betty TV garniture of the streams...
Try the drivers on this site:
h**p://www.digitalrise.biz/support/
Under MCE-drivers there is a prog called BDA-console. With this You can switch a DiseqC 4x1 switch when using DD 1.3c
Twinhan 1034-CI Mantis (BDA)
HP EVO 550 computer
Win XP/pro
At the moment built in audio
NVidia GeForce3
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:12 pm

unfortunately I cant make BDA interface provide good results with KNC cards. because they seem to be a pain!

try BDA_ALL device by ScanMan, and please report if you get better results
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”