HD Channels

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Well, so much for him being happy....

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:03 pm

2nd I never said your card has to do hardware decoding of mpeg-2/mpeg-4 signals, but it should do the software decoding right at least!
LOL :D
You have my full permission/approve to tell on every forum you know that genpix DVB-s card does not do a software decoding (as you expected).
I will be letting people in other forums know that this card does mpeg-4(h264) decoding with choppy playback, and not bother with it if that's what they're looking for, because more and more channels are changing to mpeg-4 and this card will be useless soon.
But please do NOT desinform others.
Genpix card does not do any mpeg decoding (neither mpeg-2 nor mpeg-4).
I don't have time to read all your rhetoric.
why bother to come to this forum then? :shock:
1st Who told you it was encrypted data? Just because some idiot on this thread said that?
I wonder, what name do you call the person who posted that:
All Genpix cards are having problems with the Dish mpeg-4(h264) channels. I am having choppiness. Dish changed something in their mpeg-4 HD channels recently which required a new Cyberlink h264 codec from Powerdvd 7.3, but it is choppy. I hope the guy at Genpix comes up with a fix, this was an expensive board. I would recommend you not buy a Genpix card if you want to watch Dish HD until a fix has come out.
Btw, why do you bother with any codec (Cyberlink or CoreAVC) if you expect that Genpix card does the decoding?
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:01 pm

This is really too bad, I didn't know I was dealing with a swindler. You play dumb just on some technical facts I may have wrong. You're trying to be all technical by saying "the card doesn't do software decoding". But the codecs do! And guess what? Your card doesn't work right with them anymore! Either that or DvbDream and Mytheatre don't work with your card well enough to get mpeg-4 channels. If it worked with mpeg-4 you would have offered some advice already. So I'm just going to tell people your card doesn't do mpeg-4(h264) and that's all, since you want to get all technical with semantics.

On your page on the bottom it says "This hardware/software/firmware does NOT do any decryption. It's for clear/unencrypted signal ONLY." But everyone knows dealers always say the same thing on their sites to protect themselves. You know very well many people buy your card to use with software that can overcome encryption. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

And don't worry I will be posting in forums about the problems of this card, go ahead laugh while your sales go down and your reputation sinks. I'm sure they've already started talking in many forums. If this doesn't work soon I'll try to sell this junk on Ebay.
Genpix/2.004/Geforce 6600GT/WinXP Athlon 3200+/2gigs/Dish/SW21/single lnb
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:59 pm

You should better try to understand how DVB-S reception works before telling craps !!!

How many times should we tell you that DVB-S cards (*) as nothing to do with decoding MPEG ?!? MPEG decoding is done by processor (can be helped by some video cards) and codecs. There's no direct link between DVB-S and codecs, so you can't blame the Genpix card or any other DVB-S card to no run fine with codecs.

(*) Only some Premium cards (ie : Hauppauge Nexus-S) have an integrated MPEG-2 decoder.

I repeat it another time, a tuner card is only a stream provider, it receives stream from antenna and bring it to the computer. The rendering of this stream is done by the computer itself.

I've already told you, that your computer is not powerfull enough to fine render H.264 HD, I have a computer with same processor and video card, and did not manage to obtain a smooth render of a H.264 stream on it (I also have more powerfull computers that just run fine with H.264 streams) I've also told you about the "skip all deblocking" option in CoreAVC codec, did you tried it ?!?
So I'm just going to tell people your card doesn't do mpeg-4(h264) and that's all, since you want to get all technical with semantics.
I think, that most people who know a little bit about DVB reception should laugh while reading such an idiot thing !!! If your not afraid of being called a dumb, you can write that on as many boards as you want :lol:
On your page on the bottom it says "This hardware/software/firmware does NOT do any decryption. It's for clear/unencrypted signal ONLY." But everyone knows dealers always say the same thing on their sites to protect themselves. You know very well many people buy your card to use with software that can overcome encryption. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.
Dealers, resellers or even builders are not responsible about what you do with their products. For example : if you want to became a hunter, you can go to a shop to buy a weapon, but if one day you decide to kill you're old f@$..ing neighbor with that weapon, nobody except you is responsible from what you've done with it.
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
joyfullyjobless
Just popping in

Postby joyfullyjobless » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:16 pm

gimme dvb:

Many are working with H2.64 and you are not. Ask yourself why.

Genpix not swindler. You have keys to new car and don't know how to fill the tank!!

Read More!!!

Increase your cpu or get hardware video card like nvidia 8500/8600.
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Well I'll be upgrading my computer anyway so we'll see. But this very unhelpful attitude from Genpix shows everyone the kind of person he is. I don't want to hear any more technical crap about not knowing how dvb-s works, or that the card does not decode mpeg. The simple fact is the card has to work with codecs and software like dvbdream in order to work right. And when it doesn't work right with these things it becomes a paperweight.

I tried looking for this deblocking option you said but couldn't find it, where is it?
deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:20 am

I find it hard to believe that somebody can be so willfully ignorant about a problem. The genpix card doesn't know what's in the sat stream -- it just provides it as data over the USB port. It's the software running on your computer that does the parsing and decoding. As long as the genpix driver for dvbdream allows the program to see the sat stream via the device - it's job is done.

You can use whatever H.264 codec and CPU you want to convert the sat stream to rendered video. It's obnoxious of you though to continue blaming the card for your choices of hardware/software for the decoding.

You say the simple fact is that the card has to work with codecs and software like dvbdream in order to work right but you're flat wrong. The card requires drivers to communicate with the dvb app and there are 2 available -- 1 for dvbdream and 1 for tsreader. These work. You can complain that there aren't drivers for more apps or for 64-bit Vista but there were none promised.

Everybody so far has told you that you need a better video card and/or a higher clocked CPU for proper decoding of H.264 assuming you haven't configured anything else wrong. This in no way translates into there being anything wrong with the card. You'd have the same problem if you were using a dvbtech card or were in Europe using a dvb-s2 card.
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:22 am

You're either a Genpix plant or one of his friends. You say his card works with dvbdream right. I say it DOESN'T. Like I've said before dvbdream and h264 used to work fine with my system, but it seems now I need a faster processor or better card and MAYBE if I'm lucky it will work properly again. Why is it necessary to upgrade? Because Dish changed something in the mpeg-4 stream and Genpix has not worked on dealing with this problem.

I think you're only here to defend this guy's card. If you are bug off. I will continue to let people know about the problem. And if I upgrade and the problem doesn't go away I will definitely be here and other forums letting people know about it, AND about his customer support.

His card simply isn't supported properly by any software that's supposed to work with it. And you can't be confident that this guy will fix problems that come up. Either alone or with dvbdream's programmers. I think it's good people see what kind of customer support he provides. His response said it all. He may help people with simple problems from time to time, but he knows the mpeg-4 problem is real and doesn't want to admit it. All he can come up is "this card doesn't do hardware mpeg", or "this card doesn't decode mpeg". He thinks he's smart being technical and trying to elude the point.
deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:54 pm

Genpix doesn't know me but I do own two of his earlier modules (not the skywalker). The modules do exactly what they are supposed to do. There's not a thing he can do about the content in the streams. It's up to you to determine how to decode/decrypt/render them.

Here's a simple analogy. You buy a new HDTV TV. You bring it home and then learn that you can't pick up any HDTV channels because your little indoor antenna can't pick up proper signal. You then go around to anybody that will listen to you complaining that the new TV you bought is crap and isn't any better than your old analog one. People tell you that you need a larger outdoor antenna and you demand that the manufacturer of the TV provide you one to fix the problem. You just don't seem to get that this is not their problem. The TV works as designed. The genpix card works as designed. You need a better CPU, graphics card, or codec to get what you want out of it. It's your problem. Deal with it and stop acting the fool.

The only reason I'm responding is because I'd hate for anybody new to take the crap your spewing seriously. The genpix card is fine and his support is fine. If you feel you must complain -- complain about the high resource requirements of H.264 decoding -- complain that dvbdream does not handle multiprocessing properly -- complain about cyberlink codecs not taking better advantage of your graphic's card HW acceleration -- but do not complain about the card since it's the one thing that is working properly. My advise is to sell the card since I doubt you'll ever be happy with it and you'll always blame it instead of what the real source of the problem is. Get a subscription to Dish Network and rent a Vip211 receiver and maybe you'll be happy.
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:18 pm

Genpix doesn't know me but I do own two of his earlier modules (not the skywalker). The modules do exactly what they are supposed to do. There's not a thing he can do about the content in the streams. It's up to you to determine how to decode/decrypt/render them.
We're going around in circles now, why don't you go watch some sports or something. The simple fact is that his card doesn't work right with the codec/dvbdream. He doesn't even suggest what power one needs now. That guy doesn't like offering any customer support at all. I've written to him before and he doesn't reply back.
Here's a simple analogy.
I have no time to read a simple analogy of yours, most probably it's just like you say "simple".
The only reason I'm responding is because I'd hate for anybody new to take the crap your spewing seriously. The genpix card is fine and his support is fine. If you feel you must complain -- complain about the high resource requirements of H.264 decoding -- complain that dvbdream does not handle multiprocessing properly -- complain about cyberlink codecs not taking better advantage of your graphic's card HW acceleration -- but do not complain about the card since it's the one thing that is working properly. My advise is to sell the card since I doubt you'll ever be happy with it and you'll always blame it instead of what the real source of the problem is. Get a subscription to Dish Network and rent a Vip211 receiver and maybe you'll be happy
So you don't like it when other people have problems and complain while you're not having any problems huh. Well tough. Don't you have anything better to do? If you're tired of me complaining, think of how tired I am of you defending him. I wouldn't care if you said "Mines is working fine". But to try to discredit my complaints so much, you'd think you were working for him. If not get him to pay you. He didn't offer any support so he deserves any complaining. It was his choice.
tryit
Home away from home

Postby tryit » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:03 pm

I'll keep this suitably short so you don't get bored.

Mine works fine. Its the oldest and slowest version.

My computer is a hot rod.

your nick sez it all gimme gimme gimme
TH102G/Genpix USB
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:33 pm

Another prick posts, what a surprise. Hope your dvb card explodes in your face.
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:58 pm

@gimme dvb : Please, remain polite to all members of this forum or you'll be banned :x

I really don't understand why you're asking questions if you don't read answers :?:
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
jammer72

Postby jammer72 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Man you just don't get it do you, the pc you have listed in your specs just isn't going to get h.264 smoothly, no ifs and or buts. I have every board that genpix offers and had to build high end pc's just to get h.264 smoothly from dish.

Nvidia 8600gt
amd x2 5600
2 gig DDR2 800 memory

Using coreavc 1.3 with the above renders mpeg4 smoothly enough to watch. Coreavc does have some issues with certain mpeg4 channels ( ie. green bars instead of black bars), Notice its the codec not the hardware. Cyberlink codec is even less smooth and audio is out of sync, again a codec issue not a genpix issue.

Either upgrade your pc or sell your genpix cause your current setup won't work.
SS2
Genpix
Via Epia SP
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:01 pm

2 all Genpix "plants":
stop it. There is no point to prove him anything.

Looking at consistency, I have an impression that gimme dvb is one of those guys who bought genpix device to copy it (and make a mass production in China). I do know that there are such users (and one of them posted such info on another forum).
And now he's trying to make a hoax "all genpix devices are garbage, new 'gimme dvb' devices are coming out, they are cheaper and they are the best".
he probably can make such wave on some kind of PirateTV forum (with very few knowledgeable visitors), not here.

Return to “Undetermined”