I am one of the DD 1.4 beta testers and I like DD a lot. I wish DD has some enhancement with channel List operations from Remote control perspective. I figure out that with FTA boxes, Most of the the time I used the remote control to do couple things below, so I wish DD has similar features and user could map those feature to a remote control functions:
1. View the list of Favorite and select one of them - Once I select a favorite, the view channelist is customized accordingly (I am not talking about channel list management here, I am just talking about the one to view and select a channel)
2. View the current channel list, go up and down or page up and page down to high light a channel, and then select to view. FTA remote control use the OK button to show the channel list. and arrow up/down to brown the channel, when hit OK again, the channel is selected to view and go back to vdieo screen.
3. Once view a current channel, I sometime want to see the information of that channel - description of the current movie, some info for the channel schedule (what next in the channel), some other info like sat, TP, channel name, channel number... FTA remote control has i (info button) to show/hide the channel information. Should we have CTRL+I for this feature in DD? I know DD has CTRL+E feature, but it does not work right.
4. FTA remote control has SAT button, when hit this once, it allows to select All Satteline or certain satteline. Once select the sat, the channel list will be changed accordingly. This is just similar to Favorite. I wish DD has CTRL+S and CTRL+F to view/select SAT and Favorite accordinlgy. and make them toggle actions, so that later on we could map to a key on the remote control to show/hide the feature/screen.
Right now, I have to use lot of mouse actions to archive those 4 most used operation with DD. I do have remote control and program it to work with DD, however, I found that DD should design to support remote control integrtion intuitively. Another words, if I have simple remote control similar to FTA one, I should be able to control DD for viewing activities (not edit, add, or change items). The the remote control keys (or keyboard short cut) should be very simple without require mouse actions:
- OK button
- ESC/Cancel button
- arrow keys
- Page up/down keys
- ESC/Cancel button
- I (infor) key
- S (Satellite) Key
- F (Favorite key)
- E - EPG key
- Toogle key that allow to view full screen or none-full screen.
AMD X2 5600