HD Channels

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:44 am

Wow genpix you sure are delusional, no wonder you can't even provide a shred of customer support. People here saying I need a more powerful computer have provided better support.

To Jammer, I've already acknowledged that a faster system might help. I'm just rebuting all the other crap that people have been saying. Like Genpix not having anything to do with the software or codecs. That's total bull. When you realease a card you've got to work on the drivers to make sure it's as compatible with the software and/or codecs as possible, or get the software to support the card better. Without the software this card is nothing.

Like I've said before, when I bought this card it worked fine with mpeg-4, I had even upgraded my computer before to better handle it. I then didn't use the card for months but when I started using it again I found that playback was choppy now. From what people told me apparently Dish did something to the mpeg-4 streams and I needed an updated codec, and the software or codec now needed more power to play smoothly.

I wanted Genpix to at least say something on the subject, if he could fix this himself or with the dvbdream programmers but as you can see from his responses to me he is a madman. Can't even say a simple "you need a more powerful computer now". I don't know whether he and/or the people at dvbdream have the ability to fix this and make it efficient like before so that you don't need a more powerful computer, but that guy Genpix should at least admit it and answer the da** question.

Genpix/2.004/Geforce 6600GT/WinXP Athlon 3200+/2gigs/Dish/SW21/single lnb
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 am

what's the point of answering your questions if you don't have time to read the answers (you said it twice already)?

There are three solution to your problem:
1) more powerful computer
2) sell your genpix adapter on eBay and forget about all this
3) shrink

You pretty much ruled out the solution #1 (cause, as you said, your computer worked before and you were just waiting for someone to "fix" it).
Solution #2 would stop your "pain", but would not change your attitude.
Solution #3 is the only one realistic solution which still can make you happy
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:00 am

You're only making youself look bad with replies that contain sarcasm and nonsense. Go ahead it's your reputation that will keep getting tarnished. You obviously don't know how to run a business right. Customer support is always one of the most important things. Now I can tell others the answer is a faster computer, but the customer support is horrendous. Not only will you get a guy who won't help you. I'll tell them he will be sarcastic and try to insult you for having problems. If there's a better card that comes along I'll definitely tell them to get that one instead because you don't support your card with updates or work with software makers when a fix is needed.
deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 am

The guy must just be a forum troll that wants attention. Option 3 is his best bet. He's posted enough nonsense in the thread now that I doubt anybody on the board will take him seriously.
gimme dvb
Just can't stay away

Postby gimme dvb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 pm

You're the troll, didn't I tell you to bug off? You like sticking your nose into others business when you don't have a problem and they do. I had a complaint and was talking to that guy Genpix not you so mind your own business. If it works for you fine and say so, and then go away. You're only trying to do damage control for Genpix. I don't need to post anymore as everybody's already seen Genpix's responses, they speak for themself. He really is the one who needs to see the shrink, and maybe you too.
deltad
Not too shy to talk

Postby deltad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:49 pm

Public forum -- if you want a private discussion -- take it to e-mail. This whole thread should be moved over to general. I'd suggest its total deletion but then people wouldn't know your history if you start up a new one.
FredB
love DVB Dream!

Postby FredB » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Topic moved to this section.
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
fabster

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GENPIX

Postby fabster » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:02 am

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GENPIX

Your product rocks !!!!!!!!
Skywalker-1 /DVB SKYSTAR 2 2.68/ nexus-s
DUAL CORE
ASUS MK5
GEFORCE 8800
2 GIG RAM
Windows XP and VISTA dual boot

Fabio :-)