Which is the best mode to record file, Ts or Mpeg?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

armaduk
Not too shy to talk

Postby armaduk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 am

and the conversion from Ts to Mpeg take long time or is fast?
And which is the best program to convert Ts to Mpeg?
Thanks at all

Lifeview usb tv walker
pvdeejay
Home away from home

Postby pvdeejay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:13 am

recording in TS requires no alterations to the stream meaning you are recording exactly the stuff which's broadcasted. In DD we have also an advantage that you are able to record multiple audio or other streams. MPEG recording is not as stable as TS recording is. TS can be converted to mpeg PS using PVAstrumento or Projectx. Or it can be transcoded using DG index and avi synth on the source side and whatever codecs as output. megui or virtual dub can help in transcoding. All the utils I am talking about are free for use.
P4 3.0GHz 1024 MB of ram, nvidia Geforce 6600, SS2 rev 2.6, WDM drivers 4.41, SG2100, always latest DVBDream with the latest FFDshow.
armaduk
Not too shy to talk

Postby armaduk » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:43 am

Thanks, and the conversion from Ts to Mpeg take long time or is fast?
Lifeview usb tv walker
pvdeejay
Home away from home

Postby pvdeejay » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:52 am

of course this is relative and depends on the PC and system used but usually it cant be compared to the real transcoding as no recompression is made while converting mpeg TS to mpeg PS. Only container format is different as I am aware. So the speed is close to copying on really fast systems.
P4 3.0GHz 1024 MB of ram, nvidia Geforce 6600, SS2 rev 2.6, WDM drivers 4.41, SG2100, always latest DVBDream with the latest FFDshow.
armaduk
Not too shy to talk

Postby armaduk » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:50 am

Thanks and do you know if there is a way to see the timer scheduler on the application bar? so an icon when i go near with the mouse it see me the timer recording?
excuse me for the terrible english.....
Thank at all
Lifeview usb tv walker

Return to “General”