Video always jerky

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mustardman
Just popping in

Video always jerky

Postby mustardman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 am

I am interested in making the switch from MyTheatre as it tends to be a bit flaky sometimes and I like the interface and features on DVBdream better. Looks like DVBdream is further ahead getting ready for H.264 as well.

Mytheatre runs fine on same hardware. I cannot get DVBDream to display a smooth picture. It is always jerky no matter what I do. Does not matter on the channel, SD or HD, tried all the video settings. Tried several different codecs. Tried with timeshift on with various settings and off. Tried setting priority. I'm pretty sure I went through every setting on Dvbdream. Tried with prevent usage of more than 1 CPU disabled which made it much worse. Made sure it was the same in Affinity in Task Manager. Tried with WDM and BDA drivers. No matter what I do the video is jerky.

I have a fast PC with lots of memory so that's not it. CPU utilization is low. Only thing is I'm running Vista but when I tried DVBDream a few months ago briefly on XP I remember having the same problem.

Is there a trick??

My hardware/software:
TwinHan 1020a with latest WDM drivers
AMD Athlon 5200+ x2 with 1Gig Mem on Asus M2NPV-VM
Vista 32 Business Ed
em**ation
Tried latest Nvidia (with and without HW acceleration), intervideo, Cyberlink video decoders with all the different VMR options.
Bev

TwinHan 1020a
Vista Business Ed.
owlish
Just popping in

Postby owlish » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:25 pm

I had that same problem on one of the PCs. Never figured it out. Other PCs are fine, even though some of them are less powerful.
SkyStar2+USB-2-8PSK
mustardman
Just popping in

Postby mustardman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:04 pm

I've had a few different motherboards now. Intel chipset/intel cpu 1 core, Via Chipset/AMD CPU 1 core and now Nvidia chipset/AMD CPU 2 core and as long as I can remember I've always had this problem everytime I tried DVBDream. Back when I was running a P3 and later An Athlon XP I thought it was related to horsepower but now that I have an AMD 5200+ x2 I know it's not horsepower related anymore. This seems like some sort of major flaw to me. Seeing as everything is dual core now you would think the ability to work on 2 cores would be a priority assuming that is related to the problem somehow.
TwinHan 1020a
Vista Business Ed.

Return to “General”