Audio renderer problem on HD channels only

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rafaelg
Just popping in

Audio renderer problem on HD channels only

Postby rafaelg » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 am

Hi all,

Well, after a whole weekend spend to solve my (new) problem with DD and the audio renderer, I am in need of your kind help.

Long story.- I have more or less success with my setup described below, except for HD channels, where I had choppy video perhaps due to poor graphic power. Then, I bought a GF8500GT, 512MB RAM to try to solve this issue and it was partially true: H.264 channels ran almost soft. Because I was not quite satisfied with the results, decided to format/install the system, cleaning all possible codecs installed here and there.

Well, after reinstalling the software, drivers, and basic programs, DD 1.4d was the last choice. Installed and ran fine on SD channels but to my surprise it was not running at all on HD channels! Discovered that Audio Renderer was in red, both DirectSound and Sigmatel devices. This never happened before in my previous running system. Must tell you that original TV Center from Technisat is working on SD and HD channels. So, I do not know what to do. Tried several combination and no success.

Summarize:

1. Fresh winXP PRO SP2 install, all MS patches applied.
2. MB drivers (INF, audio, and network) properly installed.
3. nVidia driver 163.71 for GF8500GT
4. Technisat SkyStar HD driver and program installed.
5. DD 1.4d, 'logging' option disabled, BDA-native driver used, DISEqC 1.0 working on 4-switch to drive 3 LNBs. Crashes on Astra due to well known problem on certain channels (eg. 12522 V).
6. Uninstalled DD 1.4d, cleaning directory and installed 1.3c. Cannot tune on ASTRA sat due to not working DISEqC.
7. Back to 1.4d. Same as point 5. SD channels working well, even AC3 one. HD shows the problem described.

System:
Intel DG33TL, 2GB RAM, E4500 2.2GHz CPU, GF8500GT, SkyStar HD

Video Codec.....: CyberLink (New) (v6.0.0.138 - 07/02/2007)
Audio Codec.....: CyberLink (New) (v6.1.0.84 - 08/02/2007)
H264 Codec......: CyberLink (PDVD7.x) (v1.99.0.125 - 07/02/2007)
Video Renderer..: Video Mixing Renderer 9
Audio Renderer..: Default DirectSound Device

Skystar HD card driver 4.4.10.18

This issue is similar to http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic ... ight=guids but only on HD.

Do not know why Technisat program works and DD do not.

So, a question: is there a way to see a graph with the path used on the Technisat program with graphedit? If it is so, how to do it? I think this would help a lot.

That is all. I am a bit frustrated because I had an HD system working partially well with DVBDream and now with a fresh install HD channels gone.

Sorry for long text.
Regards,
Rafael

Technisat SkyStar HD. DiseqC 4-switch, 2 dishes, Hispasat and Astra+HB.
Intel DG33TL. Core 2 Duo E4500. RAM 1GB. WinXP Pro.
saentist
love DVB Dream!

Postby saentist » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:44 am

update audio driver
change audio decoder
Pinnacle PCTV-SAT, Twinhan VP1030 CI (yellow) & DVB-T MobiDTV Pro
Sappire X1950Pro 512Mb DDR3 256bit (AGP)
140 cm parabola with inverto 0.3dB SRT-V50 30E<->57W
Tical
Just can't stay away

Re: Audio renderer problem on HD channels only

Postby Tical » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:59 am

except for HD channels, where I had choppy video perhaps due to poor graphic power.
I have the same problem with HD channels on DVBDream... My config is Quad6600@8800GTS@4GBRAM...All codeds, drivers are newest, but only AltDvb works fine on HD Channels...with graph file config.
I don't know, maybe this is a problem with nVidia drivers for the GF8800 series, i don't know...CPU usage 10-15% and i'm stu*** for that.

I know that people with Radeon HD series 2400 or 2600 (or something like this) have drivers with h264 acceleration and that's solve problems but new nvidia cards have this problem.
SkyStar 2 PCI 2.6D|Phoenix|2x Golden Interstar GI-201 Platinum X 0.2dB|DiSEqC 2/1 Viper - EMP - S.162 - G|Win7 x64
rafaelg
Just popping in

Postby rafaelg » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:51 am

Tical, I think your system is powerful enough to drive HD channels smoothly, so the problem could be, as I see on many threads and several forums, a codec not properly working.

It would be interesting a graph of AltDVB to see how is connected the filters. That is what I want to do with the original Technisat viewer. I have found some tips regarding how to use graphedit and I hope to clear this afternoon.

EDIT: No success. Several days trying to debug the problem and was unable to arrive to any conclusion. So, I'd give up. DVBViewer solved the whole problem. 21-11-2007
Technisat SkyStar HD. DiseqC 4-switch, 2 dishes, Hispasat and Astra+HB.
Intel DG33TL. Core 2 Duo E4500. RAM 1GB. WinXP Pro.

Return to “General”