FAQ: Explanation for the stats bar(helpful for diagnosis)

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rel
relocation

FAQ: Explanation for the stats bar(helpful for diagnosis)

Postby rel » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:12 pm

If you don't have time to read the details below, here is a quick tip : :)
The values on the 2nd line must be around 0 in normal circumstances.
(otherwise there might be a problem with codecs or signal reception)

Details:

DIRECTSHOW RELATED COUNTERS:

Frame Rate: the average frame rate achieved.
higher is better (some codecs limit this value at 25 fps while some others let it to be higher)

Jitter: Expresses the average time between successive frames delivered to the video renderer.
lower is better (normally should be 0)

Dropped: the number of frames dropped by the renderer.
lower is better (normally should be 0)

* These values (Frame rate, jitter and dropped) are taken from the renderer. Some codecs might cause renderer to return wrong values.

V Requests: Video sample requests of the video codec. -1 means codec stopped. The value should always be increasing after tuning to a channel. This could stop increasing if channel is scrambled/ couldnt be descrambled or there is no video/audio data incoming or codec crashed ("Reset DirectShow" or retuning to the channel might help in most cases)

A Requests: the same as above , for Audio

DS Resets: How many DirectShow-resets have been occured due to buffer overflow.

STREAM/SIGNAL RELATED COUNTERS:

Packet Losses: How many continuity errors detected on the incoming stream. This is the reason for most of the picture freezes and glitches. Caused by weak signal level or a warmed up tuner (!)

Signal Losses: How many signal losses detected? (actually "how long", this value displays the amount of signal loss in seconds)

T.Breaks: Time stamp breaks. How many timing-breaks have been detected on the video and audio streams. i.e. gaps and wraps in PTS/DTS values. This could happen and quite normal. there could be a problem only if this value goes up too fast.

Received TS: How many TS packets received. This should normally display an increasing value after tuning to a channel, otherwise it means there is a problem in getting the data from the driver, maybe tuner is not capable to demodulate the signal or DD is not capable to process the data on this TP (not a regular DVB stream?)

The value you see next to red/blue buffer bars (gauges) is the total number of the packet sent to video and audio codecs.

DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
GrEaTwArRiOr
Just can't stay away

Postby GrEaTwArRiOr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:23 am

thank you so much for your wonderful information and tips mate

i really sorry to say this and i am using ProgDVB with the same codec also
it works flawlessly why i am still using this because i like nah.. love it 8)

once again thank you so much for your all hard work mate

enjoy your holidays :D have fun!

regards,
Gr
Twinhan 1020A WDM Driver
Nilesat 101/102 & Atlantic Bird 4 at 7.0°W
Pentium4 3.2Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI 256MB Graphic Card, 120GB Sata HD

Return to “General”