How to close a conflicting program on start of DVBDream

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

DirtyBasket
Just popping in

Postby DirtyBasket » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 am

During the day I will have the WinTV Radio program running in the background on my PC, and instead of closing the program every time I answer the phone I just mute the sound. I may then become distracted and forget Win TV Radio is still running. The problem is that I use task scheduler quite a bit to record programs with DD and because I have a habit of forgetting to close WinTV Radio DD will not start properly and I don't get my scheduled recording :cry: It's a bit annoying having a memory of a marble :evil: .

I don't see this as a bug in DD so I don't want to report any bug or propose a feature request, I'd just like to know, if posible, how I could start DD schedules (using dvbdream.exe and dreamstart.exe) with being able to automatically close WinTV Radio first.

I will be grateful of any ideas :?:

WinXP SP2
Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1110
Radeon X1650
StereoPig

Postby StereoPig » Sat May 31, 2008 4:09 am

Hi. Sounds like you need an app that closes one program when you start another.
You can download a neat (FREE) app called Autohotkey. App doesn't do anything, you make the scripts.
In this case, it's a simple "IfWinExist" script. Now, right click on desktop, New > AutoHotKey script. Name it how you wish, right click on script, Edit script.
Copy/paste this:

; ========= SCRIPT THAT CLOSES WINTV RADIO WHEN DVBDREAM STARTS ======

IfWinExist, WinTV_Radio_window_name_here
{
WinClose WinTV_Radio_window_name_here
Run X:\DVBdream filepath\dvbdream.exe or dreamstart.exe
return
}
else
{
Run X:\DVBdream filepath\dvbdream.exe or dreamstart.exe
return
}

; ========= SCRIPT THAT CLOSES WINTV RADIO WHEN DVBDREAM STARTS ======

into it and replace dvbdream.exe filepath and (WinTV Radio window name).

How to find a window name? In autohotkey folder theres an app called AU3_Spy.exe.
It displays basic info of any window you put your mouse over. Put mouse over WinTV Radio window and copy/pase first line under >>>>>>>>>>( Window Title & Class )<<<<<<<<<<< and replace WinTV_Radio_window_name_here in script.
If theres nothing under first line in AU3_Spy, like in skinned winamp, try putting mouse over WinTV Radio in taskbar and left click, win title should appear in AU3_Spy.

Save it and run script every time you wish to start dvbdream with WinTV radio closed. You can repeat this as many times for any app you wish to start-close with dvbdream, in one single script. I hope this helps.
((/// Skystar2 r2.6 @ 4.4.1 driver // Powercolor Radeon X1950GT 256MB // AMD X2 5000+ // MBO Gigabyte M61P-S3 // XP SP2 // Quadro 90cm dish - universal LNB @ 19°E ///))

Return to “General”