Cannot create source filter

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dardruba
Just can't stay away

Cannot create source filter

Postby dardruba » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 pm

On v1.4i - B2C2 direct - driver v4.5.0 (DVB-S) I've done something which has created this message
Cannot create source filter. You must run DD reg.bat to register DD AV source filter.
How do I do that please?

Its in the Filters folder next to DD source.ax

WinXP/Firefox, 85cm transparent dish c/w 3 dual output lnb's.
One diseqc to SkyStar2 and DVBDream upstairs and one diseqc to TM1500 downstairs.

Location - by the seaside at Northwest England, with a tourist attraction nearby called The Tower.
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:53 am

I'm a pensioner with hardly any PC skills. Despite that I've managed to keep DVBDream running and updated.
I dont know what I did that caused DD to stop working, I just presumed it was a codec problem.
I sense that it ran without the need for me to run the .bat whatever that is.
I dont know what I need to do now to get it up and running again.
Thats why I'm asking you guys for help.
One diseqc to SkyStar2 and DVBDream upstairs and one diseqc to TM1500 downstairs.

Location - by the seaside at Northwest England, with a tourist attraction nearby called The Tower.
jerryt
love DVB Dream!

Postby jerryt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:32 pm

If you double click the "DD reg.bat" file it will register "DD AV source" as a directshow filter on your computer. Which is what the message is trying to tell you to do.

How the source filter could have gotten unregistered is a mystery? Maybe you moved it's location?

Does not matter, just double click that .bat and report back...
Twinhan 1020a driver 2.4.1.1, Skystar2 2.3 driver 4.4.0, Genpix USB, T90 and SG2100 w QPH-031.
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:54 pm

I did the double click and it didnt register.
Something flashed on the screen and went. I guessed it was the Command
Prompt box. I checked with a friend who knows DOS, he said to do CD change directory to c:\program files\dvbdream then Enter type in regsvr32 ddsource.ax and Enter. That gave an error message he couldnt help with.

'Load Library failed. The application has failed to start because theapplication configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'
I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled DVBDream and tried again.

It failed on double click and using the Command Prompt it gave the same error message.

dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:05 pm

More info
On the free codecs page I've just found a guide to installing .dll and .ax
using Run. I typed in regsvr32 ddsource.ax and it failed.
I got the same error message that the application configuration is incorrect.
What should I do now please?

jerryt
love DVB Dream!

Postby jerryt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Download "DirectShow filter manager" and check if DD Source ax is already registered.

Can you do a system restore to a time before your operating system went bad?

Which operating system? if Vista, is UAC off? On Vista install to C:/Dvbdream not C:/Program files/Dvbdream
Twinhan 1020a driver 2.4.1.1, Skystar2 2.3 driver 4.4.0, Genpix USB, T90 and SG2100 w QPH-031.
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 am

I've downloaded a RadLight Filter Manager v1.5 and DD Source.ax is shown in C:\Progfiles\DVBDream with a merit 0x00200000 and its coloured red.

When I try to Register in there, in CMD Prompt or in Run I get Error Type 14001 (0x36b1) and reports - The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

But, I dont understand which application its referring to, so I'm stuck.

If it means DD Source.ax which is in ddreg.bat where should I look to download one which has the correct configuration?

I can't say at what date things started to go wrong but I was getting
intermittant error messages saying Timeout - This PID is empty - Rescan, not realising that Strength and Quality were both shown as zero, I was so concerned by loss of picture and didnt look that far down the screen!!

jerryt
love DVB Dream!

Postby jerryt » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:34 am

If system restore is not available, this is the next best thing.

Uninstall Dvbdream, remove dvbdream folder, unregister DD source ax and finially scan registry for references to Dvbdream or DD source ax and delete those entries.

Reinstall dvbdream.
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Just for the record
I did the uninstall/reinstall procedure that Jerryt proposed but it didnt work.
I redid the procedure and reinstalled the previous version v1.4h and the ddsource.ax in that version was accepted.

Thanks Jerryt

Return to “General”