Really not doing too well, and need some pointers!

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

GrahamGo
Not too shy to talk

Really not doing too well, and need some pointers!

Postby GrahamGo » Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I have a Sonicview, pointed at E*7 (119w), working well. I want to do the same with a PC RX. I have a Technisat DVB-PC startech 2 PCI (BDA) installed, this device installed in the Sound, video and game controller section. It reports as working properly. I then tried installing the DVBviewer but it aborts saying that the hardware and driver must be installed (which it is and supposedly working). Problem1.

I then decided that if the driver is working then lets try DVBdream. I connected one of the dish LNB's (the only thing that for sure is working!) During installation it sees Technisat BDA tuner ver 2.1.0 interface 2.0.0. No diseqc. I set Satellite to E*7, KU-Circular, Lof 1125000

Problem2. Tried a scan and after 30 seconds or so get an error "Exception Thread ID=364;Priority=0 [main], 4328

Question1. How can I determine if the Startech PCI is properly installed and working?

Question2. In the Options-video-auto graph. I got the audio codec and renderer "white" (using intervideo v6) But have tried Sonic v2.5, Nero 8, FFFdshow, Nvidea Purevideo 223. But have failed to get the video codec and renderer from "pink to white"

This is 1 1/2 days later and I have tried a lot more than is written here and done a lot of Googling and reading this forum but am feeling frustrated and helpless. Please any tips would be gratefully accepted!

Technisat DVB-PC Star 2 PCI BDA
Genpix Skystar 1 USB
Nvidia GeForce 9600
Windows 7 64bit

Return to “General”