How to install Skystar 2 PCI on Windows7 RC

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

patmos
Just can't stay away

How to install Skystar 2 PCI on Windows7 RC

Postby patmos » Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 am

I had a hard time to get my SS2 card recognised in Win7 I got the error message'' HARDWARE AND DEVICE DRIVER MUST BE INSTALLED
BEFORE APPLICATION SOFTWARE". I tried the procedures below listed on sevenforums

1. You need 4.3.3 BETA DRIVER !!! Download here : :: DVBSkyStar.com - Support for PC SAT Cards // SkyStar2, HDTV, DVB Software
-go to downloads section and then drivers section
2. Uninstall everything which refers to SS2 (old driver and apps)
3. Disable Network card to prevent automatic updates to update wrong driver (Maybe unnecessary, but I did it and it works now so..)
4. Restart PC
5. There should be unknown device in device manager
6. Update driver and select location of 4.3.3 BETA driver
7. Now, after driver installs succesfully, go to 4.3.3 folder and run setup as an administrator, complete this installation.
8. Restart PC
9. Install DVB DREAM 1.4i 10. Enjoy Windows 7

BUT in vain then I did this
My SS2(?) was always shown as network controller in other devices ( audio ) in Device Manager. I tried all drivers from latest to ver 4.3.3 beta but in vain. At last I updated the ? Network controller icon in Device manager with my old Technisat CD (Ver 4.4.0) et Voila now it appears in network adapters as Technisat DVB PC TV Star PCI#2. I ran DVBDream and it makes me happy. I configured four satellites on Diseqc and all channels and levels came as it had been on Win XP. My onboard audio was realtek. MOBO is Gigabyte EP45. Graphic Geforce Nvidia 9500GT. Technisat did not provide support and will not until win7 full release. note I installed only B2C2 driver from the CD.
Attachments
ss2 on win7.jpg
Skystar 2 in device Manager
ss2 on win7.jpg (147.41 KiB) Viewed 15439 times

TBS 5922 USB
iMAC late 2012 /windows8 64bit vmware
3M prime motorised from AM33 (96.5 E) to AM44 (11W),
1.5m on Eutelsat 36A/B
2.4m solid with two LNBs on PAS 7/10 C/ku
60 cm on Eutelsat16A
rocky700

Re: How to install Skystar 2 PCI on Windows7 RC

Postby rocky700 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:20 am

I am also being unable to install the skystar 2 PCI on my Windows 10 PC as I have just updated the Windows version to the latest and after that, this problem is happening. The thing is that while installing the software, the screen is getting blank and the booing of the system is not happening sometimes. It is also showing ERROR CODE 0XC0000428 on the interface.
rel
relocation

Re: How to install Skystar 2 PCI on Windows7 RC

Postby rel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:40 am

this card is very old hardware now. I doubt Technisat gives any more support. Your best bet might be installing Linux and use Linux software with your card, or buy a TBS DVB card (I work with their engineers almost 13 years now, still giving up-to-date support to their brand new cards)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”