Can anyone get two of the same USB DVB-S2 tuners to work?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Can anyone get two of the same USB DVB-S2 tuners to work?

Postby MKANET » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 am

Pardon for the double-post. However, I am curious if there is some kind of limitation in DVB Dream or there's some kind of general driver limitation...

Is it possible to have two identical USB tuners to work independently under DVB Dream? Maybe with technotrend USB tuner will work?

Is there a better place to ask support questions for donating members?

DVBWorld HD 2104 CA (USB)

Optional "MagicCAM" CA smartcard reader!!

Hardware CAM support: All versions of Nagravison, irdet* 1 & 2, viac**s, Conax, sec*…
MKANET
Not too shy to talk

How can I get help???

Postby MKANET » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

This is really sad. It's hard to believe there is not one person in this world who uses DVB dream (developer or user) that knows if more than one USB DVB-S2 device will work on the same PC (same model). Will technotrend 3600 series do it?

I even emailed the developers directly (same people who accepted my donation). No one reply back.
DVBWorld HD 2104 CA (USB)

Optional "MagicCAM" CA smartcard reader!!

Hardware CAM support: All versions of Nagravison, irdet* 1 & 2, viac**s, Conax, sec*…
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

what do you mean?
Dual tuner?
I don't think DVB Dream supports dual tuner feature at the moment.

As to selection "which one of two (or more) identical cards to use" feature, it was implemented long ago. And it's up to the interface (*.dev) how to support it.
For instance, you may run two instances of DVB Dream (they have to be installed in separate folders - to keep configurations independent), and each would use its dedicated DVB-s card.
zamar23
Just popping in

Postby zamar23 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:03 pm

In the above scenario, can both BDA devices, if identical, tune to different channels simultaneously and display TV shows on the screen, or only one of them at a time? What is required for identical devices to show picture at the same time in DVBDream instances, using the same BDA driver? How to setup this correctly for two DVB-S2 PCI card Prof 7301, which use the same bda.dev?
Prof 7301, Windows 7
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 pm

In the above scenario, can both BDA devices, if identical, tune to different channels simultaneously and display TV shows on the screen, or only one of them at a time?
it totally depends on the codecs you use (and has nothing to do with DVB-s cards that you have, or their drivers).
just imagine that video codec wants to use h264 hardware acceleration feature of the video card (and thus, take a full control of the video card).
And then you start another player trying to use the same codec, but how can it use the same video card which is fully controlled by first instance of the codec?
no1ninja
Just can't stay away

Re: How can I get help???

Postby no1ninja » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm

This is really sad. It's hard to believe there is not one person in this world who uses DVB dream (developer or user) that knows if more than one USB DVB-S2 device will work on the same PC (same model). Will technotrend 3600 series do it?

I even emailed the developers directly (same people who accepted my donation). No one reply back.
I think it is awesome that you donated money, sorry to hear about your frustration.

I don't know the developers, thinking DvbDream is probably someone’s hobby on the side, and a great liitle app for FREE. Maybe the developer needs to have a full time job to support himself/family and probably codes this on the side between commitments. I would think in those conditions, it would be hard to find time to code, much less answer all the questions on this forum.

Since this app is free and I appreciate it as a user, I try to contribute to this forum, I suggest others do the same, a free product should enjoy some user support.

So to those who get their questions answered, maybe they should drop by every so often and see if someone else has a problem that they too can answer. After all, we as users can contribute agreat deal to the products success.
Skywalker-1, Diseqc 4port switch, i7-930, 6GB, Saphire 5750, Windows 8 64bit, Dual Display.

Return to “General”