Im going to need some help please

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

samcraig
Just can't stay away

Im going to need some help please

Postby samcraig » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 pm

I am going to buy a skywalker this week but I noticed it isnt one of the supported cards for dvbdream. I do see that people are using them though, so I guess my question is what am I going to have to do to get it to work with dvbdream? Also is there PIP with just one turner or do you need atleast 2?
A few questions for the people who use dvblogic with win7 media center, if its possible to have PIP with just 1 tuner, does that mean i can load the tuner twice into media center? that way I can watch and record diff channels. Also what is the easiest setup to have an epg

Biostar Teries 720A+
AMD 64x2 2600
4 Gigs Ram
1TB HD
Skywalker-1
Hauppauge 1250
WinTV-HVR-950Q
Win7 64 Media Center
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 pm

all genpix devices are supported by gp_unified interface in DVB Dream (original 8PSK-to-USB2, 8PSK-to-USB2 Rev.2, SkyWalker-1, and SkyWalker-2).
Jimbo23
Not too shy to talk

Postby Jimbo23 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 am

Hi,

I don't know if the genpix cards support it, but for those cards that have the ability to stream the whole TS, you can do PIP with just a single tuner. This allows you to display multiple (CPU/GPU dependant) services from a single multiplex at the same time.

If you do get two cards, you can't use them in the same instance of DVB Dream, but you can launch multiple instances of DVB Dream at the same time.

Thanks,

James.
Nexus-S, Skystar2, SkyStarHD

Return to “General”