BBC HD - Record all audio pids

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

whynotandy

BBC HD - Record all audio pids

Postby whynotandy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 am

I've been using DVBDream to cap BBC HD and I would like to be able to record both audio streams so I tried setting the TS Record/ All audio pids enabled but this results in only one stream being saved (the stream other than the main stream in the channel properties) .
I've tried using different drives and even completely reinstalling the OS .
I'm using a SkyStar 2 pci card on WinXP sp3 with DVBDream 1.4i and ATM driver 4.5.1 B2C2 and DVBDream is set to records .ts only

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

sky star 2
winXP sp3
3gb ram
Intel Q6600
v4.5.1 driver
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:36 am

Are you sure there is just one stream in the file? Which player are you using? Try MPC and VLC.
Dreamer
whynotandy

Postby whynotandy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello and thanks for the reply
Using VLC shows 2 steams but only one of them works. TSdoctor only shows one stream and also TSmuxer only one stream .
sky star 2
winXP sp3
3gb ram
Intel Q6600
v4.5.1 driver
Jimbo23
Not too shy to talk

Postby Jimbo23 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 am

When you say only one of them works, what do you mean?

The Audio in the BBC-HD service is 1x AC-3 and 1x MPEG Layer 2 Stereo (the narative track). Is it that the audio just isn't being decoded?

I'm using Beta 7, but i can see both PIDs present in the recording. Maybe the AC-3 PID isn't getting recognised properly by DVB Dream as an audio PID? Try re-scanning the service and see what happens. I litterally just tried it twice and was fine both times.

Thanks,

James.
Nexus-S, Skystar2, SkyStarHD

Return to “General”