DVB Dream not working properly, freezing when playing

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

adamf154
Just can't stay away

DVB Dream not working properly, freezing when playing

Postby adamf154 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I have just recently started using the trial version, then i bought the full version after everything seemed ok, but as of today whenever i have been watching the channels keep freezing and loads of multicoloured squares keep appearing and making screeching noises, even more if im doing something else on the pc. It is also affecting recording.

Does anyone know what this might be and how to fix it as it is becoming very annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help

Videomate S350, Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, Windows XP SP3, Phenom II X4, 3GB Ram, Full K-lite Codec Pack 630
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:41 am

sounds like a problem with signal level. your dish might have unaligned ? (wind/birds/etc..) or LNB/cable fault

also check CPU usage and case/tuner temprature if it is too hot

if all ok, then try to change codecs
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 am

well i know it not the dish as i have 2 connections to it and the other is ok,

The cpu usage on dvb dream goes between 1-10%,

I use klite codecs and i have latest but not sure where i would start with other codecs only ever used klite.

Any ideas
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:39 pm

well i know it not the dish as i have 2 connections to it and the other is ok,
Do you mean that if you connect your DVB-s card to other connection then DVB Dream is OK?

what about signal strength/quality? what does your card report?
do you see many CEs in "Pid Statistics" window?
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 pm

no i mean i have a connection to my dvb-s card and a connection to my sky box from same dish, i used to have sky +.

If the signalk strength is level and quality, then the level is 100% and the quality goes from 60% - 100% depending on channel, no ce's in pid staistics.

Earlier on i was transferring data from my hard drive to an external and the program i was watching was stuck with loads of squares and screeching.

So i formated my hard drive and put everything on as a clean install and it looks like problem solved and i am currently watching a channel and transferring data between disks again, and mnno problem after all, i probably should have formatted hard drive when i installed card
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:39 pm

is timeshift enabled?
it may explain the problem you had: DVB Dream is using Hard-drive for timeshifting, but if your hd is busy with other tasks, you would have a problem with streaming.

you may try to disable timeshift

Return to “General”