Best Dish (for best signal strength)

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

RacerX10
Just popping in

Best Dish (for best signal strength)

Postby RacerX10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 pm

This may seem slightly off topic / wrong place but I've noticed that the first thing to crash DVBDREAM (which I love, registered user) is low signal strength.

Can somebody suggest what the best Dish Network setup would be to receive 110, 119 and 129 in the Central USA ?

I currently have a 24" wide single dish setup with legacy LNB's, but my signal strength seems very inconsistent and isn't' as good as I think it could be. Every time the signal gets low dvbdream crashes. My pole is set in concrete and is peaked about as well as it can be with no obstructions at all.

I'm not opposed to running a 2 or even a 3 dish setup and/or a larger dish if that's what it takes to get the best signal I can get.

Thanks for your comments !

Genpix Skywalker
no1ninja
Just can't stay away

Postby no1ninja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm

larger dish is your best bet.

You have to understand that dvbdream is just an app that marries decoders of your choosing so that you can use your hardware.

When you have a garbage signal, it tends to throw decoders for a curve, some don't like it and will crash DD.
Skywalker-1, Diseqc 4port switch, i7-930, 6GB, Saphire 5750, Windows 8 64bit, Dual Display.

Return to “General”