How to change LNB power from OFF to ON?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

safer
Just popping in

How to change LNB power from OFF to ON?

Postby safer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 am

Hi,
I have used DVBDream 1.4h with Skystar2 card ,it works ok,but when connceting the card to LNB out (Loop) on an ordianry receiver,LNB power changed from ON to OFF and it deos not work through LNB directly but through the receiver, .My question how LNB power of the card does return back to ON ?
I hope I will find a solution with you.

skystar2
Betatester
Just can't stay away

Postby Betatester » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:49 pm

If You want to connect Your SkyStar 2 to LNB OUT from receiver it will work only in case You switch off Your receiver to stand-by mode. If receiver is on it will "stole" signal from SkyStar 2.

Also sometimes some receivers have bugs in LNB OUT (loop through), for example I remember that in Topfield TF-7700 HSCI LNB OUT never worked correctly, so there were no ability to connect anything like that and get signal.

Preferred way is to use Twin LNB with separated cables to both devices (receiver & SkyStar 2).
TBS 6925/6983

Dish: 90cm
Satellites: Hot Bird (13.0°E), Astra 1 (19.2°E), Astra 2 (28,2°E), Eutelsat 9A (9°E)
LNB's: Triax Twin
DiSEqC: WaveFrontier

Computer: Intel Core i5 760 - 2,8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD + 2x 1TB HDD, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, OS: Windows 10
safer
Just popping in

Postby safer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 am

Thank you, but I tried to conncet skystar 2 direclty to LNB but it did not work and I read on some forums that propoerty of (LNB power) in skystar2 may change to OFF.My question is how to restore LNB power on skystar2 to ON?how can I make that?
The problem becomes clear now.
I am waiting a solution from you.
skystar2
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 am

if LNB controller on your skystar is dead, you can not "switch it ON" anymore.

incorrect Loop-OUT connection on several receiver models (which was mentioned above) can kill LNB controller on a receiver connected to this port.
For instance, several models of Coolsat receivers supplied 12/18V to loop-out connector (which is a big NO-NO; it is this DC voltage which kills LNB controllers of slaved receivers when they are in sleep mode).
safer
Just popping in

Postby safer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 am

How can identify if LNB controller on my card is dead?
if it is dead why it works when connecting to lnb out in the receiver but it does not work if it conncets to LNB on the dish?
skystar2
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:20 pm

if it is dead why it works when connecting to lnb out in the receiver but it does not work if it conncets to LNB on the dish?
Because receiver supplies DC voltage (power) to LNB, and passes RF signal to loop-out connector.

Thus, slave receiver can get RF signal, but can not control LNB or send any diseqc commands.
That is, slave receiver sees only the signal which is currently selected by master receiver (if master receiver selected vertical polarization, slave receiver can not see horizontal polarization; unless you are using bandstacked LNBs).

Return to “General”