Are multi-tuners supported ?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

louis10
Just popping in

Are multi-tuners supported ?

Postby louis10 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:13 am

I have 2 USB DVB-T sticks (Hauppauge and Avermedia). Is DVBDream able to manage 2 or more tuners at the same time, in several windows ?

Louis

Hauppauge, Avermedia DVB-T sticks
Windows XP
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 am

you can run two instances of DVB Dream (you may want to install them in separate folders - each installation will remember the tuner you used last time).
louis10
Just popping in

Postby louis10 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:34 am

So, that means there is a way to select the tuner in DVBDream, isn't it ?

Do you know how the program makes the selection ? I mean the syntax which is used.
Hauppauge, Avermedia DVB-T sticks
Windows XP
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:15 am

You have to install 2 DD instances, 2 DD folders and make 2 shortcuts on desktop, then just run first one, setup a device, then second one and setup a device.

You can select a device in menu > Options > Device.

In the latest version you can also select a different icon for another instance, in Preferences > General > Other > "App taskbar icon.
Dreamer
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 am

and if you have two identical DVB devices (which use the very same interface), just select the index of device you want to use (right above "show all devices" check-box).
enfejarehess
Just popping in

Re: Are multi-tuners supported ?

Postby enfejarehess » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 am

I had installed version 1.5 as one instance and when I run it and clicked on the shortcut icon again while runing it just maximized on exe file in windows memory but in new version , 2.1 and higher there is a error msg whuch says there is another instance runing and system stops in offline mode , I need it to be fixed because I use a remote control and sometimes it may be repressed. Do you know how to fix it like older versions?
Dreamer

Re: Are multi-tuners supported ?

Postby Dreamer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:24 pm

2 instances and 2 installations are different terms. You need to install DD to 2 different folders, you may use the same channel list and plugins.
Dreamer

Return to “General”