blocky HD video

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

poppo
love DVB Dream!

blocky HD video

Postby poppo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 am

This is an issue for some time in most cases i could fix it with driver upgrade/downgrade but as it seems things got worse (at least for me) in 1.6
In attached screenshot You can see how the picture looks like
On this same box 1.5 seemd to work ok
What im using: Windows 7 builtin codecs for video and AC3 filter for audio (for some reason MS decoder produces no sound)
Issue occurs on unscrambled HD channel so there is no way decoding plugins could screw thing up
Tried changing buffers for video and audio (increasing size gave no visible results)
Cpu load varies betwen 15-20% so not even one core is fully busy
Tried use only 1 cpu no visible results
Tried direct connection in codec dialog no change
Tried with enchanced renderer, v9, v7 no visible change
Recorded streams regardles of renderless mode are damaged too
currently have no ftp but if neccesary can upload samples of standart recordings and tswriter2 recordings to some fileshare service.
Im quite open to acivly help in hunting down this problem (just need some hints what to do to help)
Attachments
bda.log
bda.log
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
blocky picture.png
screenshot
blocky picture.png (679.04 KiB) Viewed 7704 times
dvbdream.log
dd.log
(21.22 KiB) Downloaded 439 times

SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q
rel
relocation

Re: blocky HD video

Postby rel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 am

I believe the issue is not related to DD.
maybe codecs and other things. (video drivers /settings etc, some hw interrupting application)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 am

tried even a fresh install with no software that could interfere clean system only builtin win 7 drivers and still the issue persists
Im fully aware that some apps are problematic ie VMware, some firewalls, cdemulators..etc
in xp i eliminated this issue almost completly (tested with 1.5f) but for some reason im unable to ahive same results on V7
So my question is there any way to actually check what DD gets from the card without any processing (raw data so to say) ?
As for HW interrupt i made sure that this is the only card using it (non sshared irq) so this should be no issue.

-- edit
tested some other fta HD channels and had no problems with them ie AnxieHD arte HD ) actually all fta channels from Astra seem ok
in contrast Arte HD from hotbird seems to have same problem as the channel i had issues earlier )signal level seems to be high enough 60-66% qualitz 100%
from astra i get like 60-70% level 100% quality

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
Motherboard Asus P5Q
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 am

So my question is there any way to actually check what DD gets from the card without any processing (raw data so to say) ?
try to record with TSWriter module and watch, (without plugins ofcourse, maybe they are the problem, if not codecs and graphic card)

on the picture, it is seen on statistics below video that you dont have jitter and packet losses, maybe all ok and only the h264 stream format is not so compatible with the codecs, but you say you tested it in XP, I dont know what it could be, from here it looks perfect, statistics, no packet loss, try to wath in MPC or VLC on streaming mode to see if it helps.
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 pm

streaming to vlc produces same results same tor tswriter module except that when i set video codec to none and audio codec to ac3 (renderless mode) the tecorded ts consisted of audio stream only or no usefull data at all unplayable in vlc or other software i have
when recording with windows 7 video codec recorded streams were playable but had errors
is there any software capable of analysis of HD ts streams? ie showing packets PMT so on and searcin for errors ?

Ps there are absolutly no problems with SD streams.
Only some HD streams have problems
Im trying to figure out the difference betwen correct ones and erronous (difference other than bitrate)

---UPDATE---
After booting to linux llive distro and activating the DVB reception ther and reboting to windows everything woks fine now duno why as nothing in DD and windows configuration changed with one single exception ddosd.mod has ben identified by heuristic scaner as a virus and quarantained :]
after this osd works no more but both wachin and recordin previously problematic HD channels is ok

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
Motherboard Asus P5Q
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 am

moving to "General" category, as it is more like a topic to discuss
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

after several reebots with and without osd plugin somehow without the plugin there is almost no tearing in picture (same for recordings) for now i just permanently disabled osd in DD (deleted the plugin).

Somehow this problem occurs only on some HD channels from Cyfra+ (not all of them, no idea why)
I tried to adjust PCI latency timer for my tuner card but this didn't help.

For now i'm starting to think it's some timing issue (maybe driver related), or problem with certain streams that need very strict timing.

For example i have no issues with HBO HD from Cyfra+ but to get perfect recording from Canal+ HD (same provider) i need to case all active network heavy transfers and leave the system almost idle :]

Also if Virtualbox or VmwarePlayer are runing clean recording of Canal+ is almost impossible.

For one of my older cards as card was still functionall i used a modified driver that reserved some sort of buffer in driver space and this solved almost all recording problems (unfortunatly i dont have this card anymore to test).

ps.
I made some recordings using TSWriter2 but... sometimes nothing got recorded or rather no software i have could use the recorded data (tried VLC, Video redo H264, Pvastrumento)

Any other apps i coud use to test recorded ts files?

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
Motherboard Asus P5Q

Return to “General”