DVBDream 1.7a +DVBLink 2.2 Crashing (Access Violation error)

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dianasta
Just popping in

DVBDream 1.7a +DVBLink 2.2 Crashing (Access Violation error)

Postby dianasta » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 pm

DVB Dream Error.txt
Error Log.
(47.53 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Hello,

I am running DVB Dream 1.7a and have installed the latest version of DVBLink for DVB Dream v2.2. The problem is when I try to setup DVBLink.

I open up DVB Dream and select the DVBLink module, this is where DVB Dream immediate crashes with the Access Violation error.

Now every time DVB Dream opens I get the fatal program exception (Access Violation error) nothing works.

If I remove the DVBlink module from the modules directory in DVB Dream then I get DVB Dream to work fine again.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Attached the Error Log.

Could you please let me know what the issue might be?

Thanks.

ABJ
Not too shy to talk

Re: DVBDream 1.7a +DVBLink 2.2 Crashing (Access Violation er

Postby ABJ » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I removed my 64 bit Visita, and cleaned installed 32 bit Visita...and issues with other satellite programs went away.

Don't know if this is the issue or not, in your case.
dianasta
Just popping in

Postby dianasta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks ABJ,

I prefer to keep my 64 bit. Anyway the DVBLink 2.2 is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit. I believe that something is going on with DVBDream. Maybe is a bug... that needs to be looked at .

Thanks.
ABJ
Not too shy to talk

Postby ABJ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 pm

This weekend, I plan on installing DVBLink, but I noticed on their instruction sheet one must turn off UAC, which is explained here.

I've used VLC, but audio packets are dropping out...Monday, I did a clean install of 32 bit Vista with SP2 installed, but no other updates have been added yet.

Did you turn off UAC?
DVB-S2 USB CA 2104D DVBWorld HD
32Bit Vista: ASUS GeForce GTX 550
dianasta
Just popping in

Postby dianasta » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 am

If I disable UAC, DVBDream is not even starting...
ABJ
Not too shy to talk

Postby ABJ » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 am

Directions indicated:

Turn off UAC*
Install DVBLink server* (DVBLinkServer.msi)
Install DVBLink for DVBDream* (DVBDreamBridgeSetup.exe)

* Reboot!

So, there was a total of three reboots while installing.

I tried to get it going on 32 bit Vista, but Media Center would not cooperate, and when I tried bringing up DVBDream, it choked with access error violation. I deinstalled their programs, but to get DVBDream to work, I had to delete its folder and reinstall it. I'm going to try it again this week...I updated Windows files after this clean install Sunday.

My OEM HP computer came with Vista Home Premium, but when I did the clean install recently, I used a DELL re-installation DVD with its Home Premium 32 bit (SP1). DVBLink works in conjunction with Media Center TV Pack, but Microsoft only released this to OEMs, if they choose to install it.

Microsoft had a February 2009 Cumulative Update for Media Center TV Pack for Windows Vista (Article ID: 958653), but Microsoft will not all this update to be installed on computer.

Like I said, I'm going to try it again to install DVBLink and attempt to configure Media Center. If this does not work, then I'm going to look at this web page and see if I can make it go...note when they say, "Digital Video Broadcasting – Satellite (DVB-S) free-to-air satellite standards in Europe."

Questions:

1. Live in Europe or USA?

2. Did you get Media Center to work at any time?

3. Were you able to configure Media Center?
DVB-S2 USB CA 2104D DVBWorld HD
32Bit Vista: ASUS GeForce GTX 550
wmrath
Just popping in

DVBDream 1.7a +DVBLink 2.2 (Access Violation error) - Resolv

Postby wmrath » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 pm

I am new to this but had the same problem.

Using Genpix Skywalker-1, win 7 (64 bit)
Installed DVBDream 1.7a all worked great
Installed DVBLink and got the access violation error.
I cannot claim credit: Between reading the Post from Mondo on another forum on installing MediaPortal and having Genpix hold my hand it got resolved.

This occurs because you installed the Windows (WDM) hardware driver when you installed your Genpix Skywalker. DVBLink for DVBDream will not work with this driver. You must install the Genpix BDA driver. (You can tell the difference because the Genpix Skywalker will be listed in the USB section if the WDM driver is installed.)

This driver is not signed and there are a few extra steps that you need to take to install the BDA driver.
Make sure you delete all your channels and rescan to get all your channels working correctly.
Also, I am currently looking into a problem with DVBDream 1.7a not switching between Port 1 and Port 2 correctly which is causing me all types of sleepless nights looking at the issue.
(Again...Genpix has been invaluable in helping me figure this out!!)

I hope this helps and reducing the amount of time some people spend trying to make this work. DVBDream works GREAT with the WDM driver as a stand alone. It also will stream nicely to VLC and Media Player Classic.

Finally..Have I mentioned how much help Genpix has been?

Added: Now have all channels and working with DVBLink to DVBDream

Setup: Win 7 (64 bit)
Running Genpix BDA drivers version 0.1.0.4 in widows
gp_unified.dev version 1.1.9 in the Devices directory
acmamd 618
DVBLink for DVBDream ver 4 Beta (I never learn not to experiment with Betas)
DVBDream v1.6 (earlly version were locking up) and 1.7a will only work on one port until a fix is released.

Return to “General”